• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB C RECOMMENDATION

Georgeadv

Hello,

Can you please suggest a good usb c to usb b audio cable please?
Market europe

I need to connect my mac to e50 dac

With good i mean well functioning and built

Thanks!

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
Topping's online store in China sells U-GREEN. I guess you could buy U-GREEN as well.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Shouldn't be expensive. Any good cable will do. I assume you can get them from Amazon in Europe. Or other places that sale such things.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Sufficient but currently unavailable it says.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
:)

OP
G

Georgeadv

Would a usb c to usb a converted have any disadvantage over the usb c to usb b cable?

Its easier to find this in Cyprus

staticV3

Master Contributor
Sufficient but currently unavailable it says.
Set your VPN to Germany, set shipping on that Amazon link to Germany, and the cable will switch to being available with the correct price displayed. Amazon trickery :D

Enstip

Apple Music > iPad 6 15.6.1 > Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter > 4 metre usb A to B > ADI-2 DAC Fs v51 > QED Reference Audio 40 Phono to phono interconnects > Musical Fidelity M3Si integrated amplifier in power amp mode > 2 metres per channel of QED Original speaker cables> Focal Kanta no 1 speakers

I use a standard £10 4m long USB A to USB B cable and it’s bit perfect (the DAC comes with test files to check). I use the video adapter rather than a USB C to USB B cable, because USB C cables have chips in them of unknown efficacy, so best avoided, if these things worry you.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In all honesty, I've had such poor experiences with longevity of USB cables that I can't really criticize people who buy "audiophile" USBs simply in the hopes of finding something they don't need to replace in 6 months.

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In all honesty, I've had such poor experiences with longevity of USB cables that I can't really criticize people who buy "audiophile" USBs simply in the hopes of finding something they don't need to replace in 6 months.

They are just gonna take a ugreen and spray it with a new coat of paint.

beeface

I like Anker branded USB cables. They seem to be fairly durable, and they're reasonably priced.

delta76

Major Contributor
I agree. For my phone etc I always buy Anker.
anker used to be my choice but their prices have gone up while they are no longer the most reliable ones. with OT's use case, any cable would do as he/she would not plug/unplug it every day.

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
I wish more DACs had USB-C connectors, so one could use regular USB-C to USB-C cables.

Audiophiles can then finally have endless debates about the directionality of USB cables…

Top Bottom