• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CarlToft

I am looking to buy possibly a Xiaomi 12 Ultra when it launches. But I don't know which usb-c to aux dongle I should buy. I mostly use my Xenns (mangird) Tea and my YBF-ISS014, and I also mostly listen to flac files.
I didn't know what category to post this thread in.
I have been looking at the TempoTec Sonata series but I don't which model is the best, or if they are gonna launch a new one soon. I can't find any comparisons between eg Sonata HD pro and the new ones like MHD. If there are better options I would like to look at them too.

I live in Denmark so EU sites are welcome and my max budget is $80
All help is very appreciated.

Last edited:

DanielT

Major Contributor
I keep my fingers crossed that you get tips and advice! I think it has been surprisingly little response that you received on your previous thread regarding this. Sharpening ASR forum participants, help Carl. :) There are many who have experience of exactly what Carl is interested in so ... tips and advice ..

OP
C

CarlToft

I keep my fingers crossed that you get tips and advice! I think it has been surprisingly little response that you received on your previous thread regarding this. Sharpening ASR forum participants, help Carl. :) There are many who have experience of exactly what Carl is interested in so ... tips and advice ..
Thanks a lot:)

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am looking to buy possibly a Xiaomi 12 Ultra when it launches. But I don't know which usb-c to aux dongle I should buy. I mostly use my Xenns (mangird) Tea and my YBF-ISS014, and I also mostly listen to flac files.
I didn't know what category to post this thread in.
I have been looking at the TempoTec Sonata series but I don't which model is the best, or if they are gonna launch a new one soon. If there are better options I would like to look at them too.

I live in Denmark so EU sites are welcome and my max budget is $80
If you can use 4.4 mm balanced pentagon cables, the the TempoTec Sonata E44 is an excellent option. The 3.5 mm Hidizs S9 Pro is great too but exceeds your budget.

A step below yet still great is the TempoTec Sonata HD Pro / Hidizs S8, 3.5 mm too. And if portability and small size is most important, then the tiny Meizu HiFi DAC is the best in class.

Haven't heard the TempoTec Sonata E35 or newer MHD yet. Or iBasso DC03 or DC04. But imo one cannot go wrong with any of these.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You can get them all through AliExpress. Both TempoTec and Hidizs have their official stores over there.

OP
C

CarlToft

If you can use 4.4 mm balanced pentagon cables, the the TempoTec Sonata E44 is an excellent option. The 3.5 mm Hidizs S9 Pro is great too but exceeds your budget.

A step below yet still great is the TempoTec Sonata HD Pro / Hidizs S8, 3.5 mm too. And if portability and small size is most important, then the tiny Meizu HiFi DAC is the best in class.

Haven't heard the TempoTec Sonata E35 or newer MHD yet. Or iBasso DC03 or DC04. But imo one cannot go wrong with any of these.
I have heard that the sonata hd ii is better is it true?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
C

CarlToft

Don't know, haven't tested it yet.
Fair enough I am trying to find the article about it because maybe it is the opposite. I can ony find Sonata hd pro vs Sonata HD 1 not 2

Last edited:

litemotiv

$80 is perhaps a bit of an unpractical budget cap, since there is a fair group of good dongle DAC's just around the $100 mark.

I recently got a Hidizs S9 Pro that i'm very content with. When you order from their main website you can get a 10% discount when signing up to the newsletter. In total i paid €95 / $110 including shipping & taxes, and i received it in about 10 days (Western Europe).

OP
C

CarlToft

$80 is perhaps a bit of an unpractical budget cap, since there is a fair group of good dongle DAC's just around the $100 mark.

I recently got a Hidizs S9 Pro that i'm very content with. When you order from their main website you can get a 10% discount when signing up to the newsletter. In total i paid €95 / $110 including shipping & taxes, and i received it in about 10 days (Western Europe).
Thank you but i heard that the Tempotec are the same but a little cheaper

litemotiv

Thank you but i heard that the Tempotec are the same but a little cheaper

That's possible! I chose the Hidizs S9 for the dual ports (2.5mm balanced / 3.5mm unbalanced) and the high output compared to the Tempotec:

index.php

If those factors are less important for your use case then the Sonata HD seems very good too in terms of the other measurements.

I'm using the Hidizs with a Xiaomi 9T Pro by the way.

OP
C

CarlToft

That's possible! I chose the Hidizs S9 for the dual ports (2.5mm balanced / 3.5mm unbalanced) and the high output compared to the Tempotec:

index.php

If those factors are less important for your use case then the Sonata HD seems very good too in terms of the other measurements.

I'm using the Hidizs with a Xiaomi 9T Pro by the way.
My iems are pretty easy to drive so high output is not that important for me

Top Bottom