• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

US manufacturers using Purifi amp

Descartes

Major Contributor
So far all I see are manufacturers located in the UK like Nord, Australia like March, Slovenia like Apollon, Audiophonic in France that have multichannel amplifiers using Purifi amp!

I like to buy local for multiple reasons including shipping and warranty, any manufacturers in the US beside VTV?

Last edited:

Madhuski

It is, but they have a dealer network to handle warranty issues etc.

yes understood. I just wanted to point out Nad is not based on the US, which is what the OP said he was looking for.

Canada might be close enough, but some are looking for a “Made in the USA” product.

I have the M28 so am a fan myself.

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor
yes understood. I just wanted to point out Nad is not based on the US, which is what the OP said he was looking for. Canada might be close enough, but some are looking for a “Made in the USA” product.

I have the M28 so am a fan myself.

My only issue is the Warranty is only two years!! For a $5000 amplifier that seems very short
- Yamaha Avantage, Marantz 3 Years
- Sony ES, Parasound 5 years
- Monolith by Monoprice price 5 years
- ATI 7 years
- Bryston 20 years now that’s a warranty!!

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
My only issue is the Warranty is only two years!! For a $5000 amplifier that seems very short
- ATI 7 years

NAD can and should do better. Their 2 year warranty is still mired in the budget category and yet their prices are not. Tell the manufacturers 2 years is not enough and you'll buy some other brand that has faith in its gear.

P.S. I just read NAD's Australian Distributor's (Convoy) warranty conditions on their website. Wow. Some unbelievable attempts at excluding warranty liability. Good luck trying to enforce these:

1620022020092.png

Original packaging has never been a requirement to obtain warranty service. Neither is the supply of all original contents and accessories. It is an unreasonable condition and wouldn't stand up for a second. Sure, original packaging helps prevent damage, but it cannot extinguish a consumer's rights to remedy in a warranty claim situation.

At the end of the day, it's better to deal with the seller (as the contract is with them, not the distributor in any case) and they are responsible to sort it out for you, including arranging for return shipping etc.

JSmith

Master Contributor

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
VTV Amplifier is located in Ohio makes several Purify models in various configurations ... see HERE.

I'm very much enjoying my VTV Stereo Purifi with VTV buffer and Sparkos SS3602 op amps, (US$1499). VTV makes versions including one with the Purifi EVAL 1 buffer, (US$1039), and another with their own VTV tube buffer, ($2229).

Ragging by competitors notwithstanding, I've found my VTV robust and support from VTV to be beyond excellent.

My VTV Purifi amp ...

gi.mpl

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Could this discussion be expanded to include any Hypex amp with a US distribution and repair network. In other words, I don't want to pay to have it shipped from overseas or depend on an overseas source if it needs repairs.

Madhuski

- ATI 7 years

agreed. ATI warranty is great, and their support (Sanjay) is fantastic. Plus, great bang for your buck.

The 20year bryston always seemed like a gimmick, but other than the SP4 I’ve never had any bryston products so what do I know

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor
If only Monoprice could get ATI to do some digital amplifiers to complement the Monolith line that would be great!

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The 20year bryston always seemed like a gimmick, but other than the SP4 I’ve never had any bryston products so what do I know
Not a gimmick -- they really do stand behind that warranty. On a side note, my 4BST ran fine for 23 or so years until repeated issues with the circuit it was on finally caused some electrical damage inside the unit. The company was great to deal with -- they UPS'd me the carton to pack it in and included a label to ship it to someplace in upstate New York, where I think they drive it across the border to their facility. The repaired the amp and upgraded it to the latest that they could (4BST3) and shipped it back to me. Total time was no more than 2 weeks, and the cost was ~$700 -- which was largely for the upgrade, and also included all the shipping charges. Best manufacturer experience I have had in the 35+ years I have owned good equipment. It's been about 5 years since that repair/ upgrade was done, and I have had no issues with the amp.

freedomgli

I just wanted to point out Nad is not based on the US, which is what the OP said he was looking for.

Canada might be close enough, but some are looking for a “Made in the USA” product.
Nothing Lenbrook/ NAD/ Bluesound makes is actually manufactured in Canada, either. They are 100% assembled in mainland China from components sourced mostly from China. NAD is “Designed in Canada, Manufactured in China” the same way most Apple products are “Designed in California, Manufactured in China.”

freedomgli

There is no real cost effective way to repair any damaged UCD/ NCore/ Purifi amp module short of replacing the entire amplifier module as an assembly. Yes there are a tiny handful of places that could perhaps repair it, but it would not be cost effective. They’re great amps but they’re so inexpensive they’re practically throwaway amps. So if it dies after 4 or 8 years, throw it away and go buy a new one like you would an obsolete laptop computer. Such is the way of the world these days with Class D.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There is no real cost effective way to repair any damaged UCD/ NCore/ Purifi amp module short of replacing the entire amplifier module as an assembly. Yes there are a tiny handful of places that could perhaps repair it, but it would not be cost effective. They’re great amps but they’re so inexpensive they’re practically throwaway amps. So if it dies after 4 or 8 years, throw it away and go buy a new one like you would an obsolete laptop computer. Such is the way of the world these days with Class D.
I agree and to expand, one does not need to throw away the entire amp (chassis, cables, connectors), but rather throw away the damaged item only (board, amp, power supply) and easily install the new one since the are all plugs and connectors, no soldering involved.

Example: VTV EVAL-1 below.
https://vtvamplifier.com/product/vtv-amplifier-purifi-eigentakt-stereo-amplifier-based-on-eval-1/

IMG_8462-scaled.jpg

toddverrone

not just class D, anything with such small, surface mount components. pretty much all modern electronics, unfortunately. Thankfully, you can usually swap out boards and continue using the same case and (maybe) power supply

Top Bottom