• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Urgent problem*** dutch&dutch 8C tweeter break down!!!!!!

jeunny

Hello

Is here anyone who knows about <dutch&dutch 8C tweeter repair or replacement cost> ? of not two speakers only one broke down..

I wonder not exact price but average cost..
Or, for any other brands.. repair tweeter cost is expensive? If you have similar price range speaker..and experienced this problem please give me the information

I live one of asia countries and its really small retailer importing 8C..and when they repair parts, they put more money than real payment..!!
I worried about the excessive repair cost..

Its really urgent situation so please help me of any information! Thanks!!!!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
If you are having issues which aren’t being resolved to your satisfaction then contact Dutch&Dutch directly, their number and contact details are on the D&D site.
Keith

OP
J

jeunny

If you are having issues which aren’t being resolved to your satisfaction then contact Dutch&Dutch directly, their number and contact details are on the D&D site.
Keith
Yes i know and i already sent mail..but i dont receive reply yet ..! So i wrote here!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They have been moving to a new larger factory unit, if you contact me directly with your details I will jog them for you.
Keith

OP
J

jeunny

They have been moving to a new larger factory unit, if you contact me directly with your details I will jog them for you.
Keith
Oh my god really?? Can you ...? Thank you so much thank you sososososo much !!!
I can't make a call right now because of the situation

The situation is
A few days ago, I heard a loud noise while I was working on it, and a speaker expert later said that there was a Tweeter problem and need to replace!

So i wonder the cost not need to be exact thank you so much !

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Oh my god really?? Can you ...? Thank you so much thank you sososososo much !!!
I can't make a call right now because of the situation

The situation is
A few days ago, I heard a loud noise while I was working on it, and a speaker expert later said that there was a Tweeter problem and need to replace!

So i wonder the cost not need to be exact thank you so much !
Don't you have a warranty?

OP
J

jeunny

Maybe its more than 3years..
yes maybe i did it and multiamped..? Hmm.. do you have any informaion about replcement cost?

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm curious what this means? Probably a translation error but I've seen at least 1 poster here who used amp terminals with their Genelecs
Kind of my impression as well..
Maybe its more than 3years..
yes maybe i did it and multiamped..? Hmm.. do you have any informaion about replcement cost?
Not sure how this can be done unless you open the speakers in which case ....

Odd ...

Peace...

YSC

Major Contributor
Wonders how the CS goes.

But I always wonder if it’s physically breaking and not some electronics breaking down randomly, how loud ppl are using them is beyond my understanding, to me louder usually means ear pain and trouble

OWC

Wonders how the CS goes.

But I always wonder if it’s physically breaking and not some electronics breaking down randomly, how loud ppl are using them is beyond my understanding, to me louder usually means ear pain and trouble
Well unfortunately there is always a certain number in production that just breaks down for whatever reason.

Other reason could also be things like excess amount of EQ is being applied by the user.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Well unfortunately there is always a certain number in production that just breaks down for whatever reason.

Other reason could also be things like excess amount of EQ is being applied by the user.

The drivers have not protections?

YSC

Major Contributor

wonders what actualaly was broken on my side, and more importantly, although out of warranty, when such a premium and great product breaks catastrophically, how does D&D deal with the repair, CS is really important also

OWC

The drivers have not protections?
I have no idea in the case of D&D.
Than again, there is still that odd part that just fails

As a very general answer, also for @YSC , some manufactures will do tests to find out high likely it is how and when certain parts break.

Some are very strict about warranty (time), others are much more easy going.
In theory this is all stated in their terms and conditions what your rights are, premium or not.
In some cases it could be as well as the users fault for example?

But I would just try and email them, see what answer you get, I have absolutely no idea how that works with D&D.
I don't know where you are located, but with a bit of luck there is some distributor or repair guy near you.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
In the manual, It is stated that the drivers are protected

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
wonders what actualaly was broken on my side, and more importantly, although out of warranty, when such a premium and great product breaks catastrophically, how does D&D deal with the repair, CS is really important also
Did your 8Cs break?

I had a very early pair of 8Cs. The cabinet of one speaker had a barely visible hairline crack when I got it, growing into a large crack. D&D replaced both speakers, at their cost, shipped from the Netherlands to NYC. Incredible service.

Top Bottom