• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Uptone refusing to sell me ISO Regen!!!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I think you should post that information EVERYWHERE!

iridium.
I have asked both Fox News and CNN. Both are very interested in running the story if it has anything to do with Trump!!! Someone should help me with that angle. The connection with Thomas didn't do it....

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If Uptone or any of its suppliers are using immigrant labor, I think you can make it work. Might help if we all choose Mexican avatars, and then claim it was related to you being denied an Uptone.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I have kept quiet so far................................about the avatar.

I knew it immediately of course. I also consider of all the cool avatars that Thomas has used this is the best one by far. It is Donald Sutherland's finest role after all.
Thanks ..,

I thought it both cool, but also confessional in nature :D . Tom cruise appeared for awhile as a joke because someone here thought I flew plans:D

There's nothing disturbing about oddball, he's a perfect foil for Clint eastwards character in the film Kelly's heros . Their dynamic in that film is not a million miles away from my presence here...

So rather that ' disturbing ' it's in fact imaginative and carries some depth of meaning too... bit like me:D

Anybody for some early David Cronenberg inspired avatars, give some sensitive souls nightmares ...

I did consider using my own photo but...., I don't want to ridicule you all with the fresh vibrancy of my youthfulness..

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Back to the subject, I was worried amir had got it all wrong ( shock horror :D) and this issue was nothing to do with him personally, and we were going to get egg on our faces..

I thought that as I could not believe any well run , successful company would make the fundamental error of refusing to sell amir this product. By doing so they give amir the role of the martyr , they give him more significance than he might of had had they been a little smarter..

Oh well.., hardly a surprise given the insecure and somewhat insular / self serving nature of high end audio.

I notice JA seems to highlight similar results to amir, is he incompetent too??

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I notice JA seems to highlight similar results to amir, is he incompetent too??
I saw JA last night. Could have asked him if this had happened a day earlier!

fas42

Major Contributor
I just visited https://www.stereophile.com/content/uptone-audio-usb-regen, to see what those notorious, subjective impressions had to say ... yep, the Regen does exactly the sort of things I get with my type of tweaking - changes which typical measuring will never capture, but which alter the sound in audibly significant, positive ways.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
You have in mind something from Crash perhaps?
Bit before that...,

IMG_0911.JPG

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can order one and ship it out to you. How long would you need it for benching?

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
I think Amir's recent attempt to send money to Uptone in exchange for their latest product is a microaggression against Uptone. Amir, when will you apologize for using the scientific method to resolve factual claims? Online audio forums only permit post modernism style thought and analysis. IOW, the scientific method is a relic of your "white privilege" and you must apologize to WBF for using those machines with fancy sounding names.

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
Well, now it's all revealed. The King of Audio is also the King of Troublemakers. Also, in a recent post by Alex, he is the King of Bullies. How dare you, Amir, persecute that struggling little audio company.

BTW, I am ashamed to admit it, but I own a Regen. It's gathering dust in its box somewhere, unused in quite some time.

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This box & how it affects sounds should be settled like 'real men'; so either toss a coin - head/tail OR for good/fair/bad do a rock, scissors, paper.
OR, maybe send the whole issue to the Bilderberg Group!

iridium.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Well, now it's all revealed. The King of Audio is also the King of Troublemakers. Also, in a recent post by Alex, he is the King of Bullies. How dare you, Amir, persecute that struggling little audio company.

BTW, I am ashamed to admit it, but I own a Regen. It's gathering dust in its box somewhere, unused in quite some time.
That whining about being bullied was enough to make me puke. I had a short post about it finished on the exact thing when I decided "why bother" and deleted it. If any bullying goes on over there it's the jumping on by the subjective believers any time the subject of measurements come up. Even sadder are the snarky remarks about Amir's business associations by Chris. Why is the site admin jumping in and throwing out negative comments like that? That's not cricket Chris!
Same ole same ole at CA

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
That whining about being bullied was enough to make me puke. I had a short post about it finished on the exact thing when I decided "why bother" and deleted it. If any bullying goes on over there it's the jumping on by the subjective believers any time the subject of measurements come up. Even sadder are the snarky remarks about Amir's business associations by Chris. Why is the site admin jumping in and throwing out negative comments like that? That's not cricket Chris!
Same ole same ole at CA
Amen, Sal.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I always (well, almost always) enjoy little tidbits from (presumably) John Siau:

http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=5139

"The head designer of the Benchmark DAC2 HGC offered his thoughts in an
email some weeks ago. When asked whether the REGEN could accomplish
what its designer claims, he wrote, “If this thing works, there is something
wrong with your DAC!” I’m willing to accept that a poorly designed DAC might
benefit from the REGEN, but certainly not a high-end piece like the Benchmark DAC 2."

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Ask whoever said they did a blind test to post the details of it. How they tested. How many rounds. How it was made blind. What content they used, what DAC, etc.
That would be Jud, he's made that claim of a successful blind test before. I believe he's FOS but I'll give it a go anyway and see what we get.

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
Amir-

You are, of course, correct. Except that to the small but vocal legion of Regen fan boys, it just does not matter one bit. They know the "truth" from sighted listening and they pat each other on the back inside that bubble for agreeing, both at CA and at WBF, as we know.

Swenson continues to amuse me. He is a very smooth talker who says his designs do this and that in questionable technical terms to improve what we hear, but he totally lacks the ability to measure it properly - at the output from a DAC. What kind of competent engineer does that? I believe you are smart enough not to enter the fray at CA, much as Swenson would not dare tangle with you here without his chorus of fan boys. I am convinced he is either quite myopically misguided or totally disingenuous.

But, you had the arrogance and temerity to actually put in an order for an ISO Regen. How insensitive. What were you thinking? This is all your fault, as is obvious, you lying, cheating, measuring son-of-gun, you.

Alex is indeed an impetuous fool from a business perspective. I believe this flap will do him more harm than good. But, probably not much, because computer audiophiles are desperate to believe what they want on the flimsiest of evidence and trumped-up quasi-technical mumbo jumbo, probably even more so than non-computer audiophiles, sadly.

Snake oil will always be with us in audio, I am afraid. The politics of audio are just as bad as they are in Washington.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom