• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UpTone LPS-1 Linear Power Supply Review and Measurements

Superdad

Audio Company
Can somebody please provide an exact serial number of the highlighted input pulse stabilizer with the aim of replacing it for a new one.
I mean that I can't find any photo in internet with a high resolution that can allow me to identify it correctly, perhaps somebody have their own photos or can do it. See the photo attached (marked by red).
Will be much appreciate for the highlighted information
smile.png

REGE8 on your early 2016 LPS-1 is a Linear Technology LT8612 synchronous buck regulator with 28 pads in a QFN package. There must have been a VERY large spike (18V+) from whatever supply you were using to charge the unit, as that's what typically can blow a hole in that regulator. Not only will field replacement of that part be very difficult, but there are likely other parts on the board which are also damaged (even if you do not see visible signs).

I believe you are already working with Yuriy, who is a Sonore dealer there? He sent me that photo of your unit last week and we made a generous offer to him for an upgrade--of your out-of-warranty unit--to the new generation UltraCap LPS-1.2. Such will be a much better deal for you than shipping your LPS-1 here and paying for repair.

Thanks,

--Alex C.

Last edited:
Top Bottom