• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Despite him showing a scope in the pic, I sense a pronounced softness of the presentation he wrote.

simbloke

Forum Donor
Despite him showing a scope in the pic, I sense a pronounced softness of the presentation he wrote.
That scope looks what I used I college 30 years ago. It's in the picture to fool those people who have no idea what a scope from this century looks like.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So all this time this reviewer had a system that had no depth?

1587245701690.png

And folks read his reviews and cared what he had to say until this point?

How bad can a system be to not have depth on any music ever played on his system?

Why did he go with network streaming if it took a major step back from CD that didn't rely on one?

Sanity and common sense is put aside when it comes to these subjectivist reviewers. They don't sit back and wonder how what they are saying can possibly be true.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That scope looks what I used I college 30 years ago. It's in the picture to fool those people who have no idea what a scope from this century looks like.

True - I have one older than that tho - use it on the car; also used it at a party to display Liss. figuers...

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
True - I have one older than that tho - use it on the car; also used it at a party to display Liss. figuers...

ahem.

545A by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Truth be told, I've actually never gotten up the gumption to fire it up -- but, by the same token, I don't have the heart to gut it for the bevy of 6DJ8s and whatnot inside (nor the classic terminal strips).

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was done learnt on the 545's... back when edumacation was hard and the tune of a hick'ry stick was the music.

Krusty09

Forum Donor
Hey.

You know it would be one thing to write all that stuff but not one technical graph or test or anything at all to prove it changed anything from before the switch was put it.. Makes it hard to believe.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
Apologies if this has already been mentioned here but not only does the Regen work, it is also a bargain! <https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/uptone-audio-etherregen-review-and-comparison-r887/>
The UpTone EtherREGEN is one of those rare products that delivers high-end audio performance at an affordable price. Not only does it deliver “surprisingly audible sonic improvements” as claimed, it holds its own against the best-sounding competing products out there, that cost 3x its price or more.
And what's more, you can make it even better by upgrading the power supply!
There were indeed big differences between PSUs. As the PSUs got better, the SQ improved along the expected lines: deeper tighter bass, better air and separation, bigger soundstage, and smoother tonality.

Veri

Master Contributor
I wonder what the next farce of a product will be
Revision two. Now with extra lack of in-house measurements (we made them, but don't share them! trust us!)

Any chance we'll see any measured improvements made over the EtherRegen in this lifetime, @Superdad ? I guess there's no need or hurry considering your customer base doesn't need any of that objective stuff to make their purchase..

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder what the next farce of a product will be

Well their product has no advanced L2 functions like 802.1p, VLAN, IGMP Snooping, RACL, VACL....

I can make the case for a $30 TP-Link or Zyxel 8 port GBe switch that does all this for mitigating 'noise' by virtue of traffic suppression.

mansr

Major Contributor
Well their product has no advanced L2 functions like 802.1p, VLAN, IGMP Snooping, RACL, VACL....

I can make the case for a $30 TP-Link or Zyxel 8 port GBe switch that does all this for mitigating 'noise' by virtue of traffic suppression.
Nothing suppresses traffic like capping the data rate at 10%.

Top Bottom