• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch Review

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

g29

Addicted to Fun and Learning

What does that say about the author ???

Only 500 Euros.

The Taiko Setchi family of A-1, D-2, and D-3 are the culmination of 8 years of experimentation of grounding devices, and the advances in understanding of vibration modulation of digital and analog signals.

A Setchi when placed on the cover of a piece of equipment experiences the vibration signature of that piece of gear and puts out a DC biased and vibration modulated voltage which is the connected to either a digital or audio ground via an unused connector or socket.

To maximise the quality of the sonic effect, a CNC machined Panzerholz enclosure and premium European components have been used.
The A-1 has copper based components, and the D-2 and D-3 use Silver Gold based components.

When a Setchi is connected, there is an immediate effect (500 Euros lighter wallet ???). There is also a secondary effect with takes two to three days to become quite noticeable (the realization one has been suckered out of 500 Euros ???). The sonic signature of copper becomes apparent with the A-1. With the D-2 and D-3, the sonic signature of Silver/Gold becomes apparent.

We do not have much of an understanding of how this sonic signature migration occurs (It's called a placebo effect), but it is identifiable and can work nicely in some systems.

Audiophiles in Asia, Europe and the US have found that Setchi’s can improve transparency, clarity, resolution of details and tonality.

Dimensions: 108 x 106 x 20 mm

Note: Significant magnetic fields in the vicinity of a Setchi can negatively affect its performance.

SETCHI D-3 Grounding Block

SETCHI-D-3-Grounding-Block-1-2.jpg

Last edited:

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The Taiko Setchi family of A-1, D-2, and D-3 are the culmination of 8 years of experimentation of grounding devices, and the advances in understanding of vibration modulation of digital and analog signals.

A Setchi when placed on the cover of a piece of equipment experiences the vibration signature of that piece of gear and puts out a DC biased and vibration modulated voltage which is the connected to either a digital or audio ground via an unused connector or socket.

Love the idea of fixing a problem that cannot be detected with a device that cannot be explained.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Love the idea of fixing a problem that cannot be detected with a device that cannot be explained.

It's an occuring theme when fleecing the ignorant , invent a "problem" sell the solution :) was it not for example Lavardin (French amp mfg ) that invented some kind of "memory distorsion" that did not show up in conventional measurment with for example an AP555 . They had expensive amps that "solved" the "problem" who ofcourse measured quite unimpressive by normal standards ...

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No but it takes special equipment that we have to make so we can show you what we're doing. Sorry it's taking so long....we're busy selling these. :facepalm:

Emdub

Once again, proof that a stroll through the collective pool of audio knowledge at wbf would scarce get your feet wet.

D

Deleted member 12932

what is this place? naively thought I might find some useful information and learn and share views about a switch here, a “scientific” forum after all ... only to find just another (especially) useless and, worse even, an unpleasant forum! Just a couple of people who have actually heard the switch in their system, one of them the forum owner who appears to be in love with the company behind it (therefore unbiased entirely!) and tens of opinionated but weirdly obliging people without any actual real first hand feedback to contribute with anything remotely helpful apart from bitter, shallow middle age thoughts ranging all the way down to swearing and harassing just about the only couple of people with actual experience even daring to suggest a different view or to even share any real feedback? how sad. Spend some of your own money or make the effort somehow, listen, compare, then you have something to say! To have the right to make ANY comment with regards to the component in discussion! I must say I loved the “WE have established...” hahaha! Poor fellows naively thinking this is a forum to learn anything or share experience. Why do I comment then - well, first, to be clear, I made an account before I realised I am in the wrong place but then I though I would use it to let you know that all but a few of you (as above) are in the right place, just stay here! I also use this opportunity to ask kindly, unless any unsurmountable technical or measurable scientific issues, that my account is deleted, I don’t feel I need it, sorry. And, lastly, and I know it may be hard for you to believe, I too may have an ethernet switch or even more than one, may have compared them even to the so well-established-of-no-audio-value ER switch, god forbid without measuring the throughputs and outputs .... and may be I did not even like the ER that much?:) Clearly, not worth sharing my experience here, for sure. And while you rush to reassure each other’s small mindedness (please try to measure it btw), I am off to listen to some music, with a switch..:)

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
:) Clearly, not worth sharing my experience here, for sure.

I agree with that part, based on the rest.

Can we not delete our own accounts?
How nice of you to come in here, take a huge dump, then tell us to wipe your ass.

What a shame you couldn't stay longer...

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I like Tintin, Milou is cute , there are the colonial/racist overtones which rather overshadow some well executed graphics.
Keith

Costas EAR

Forum Donor
High end myths, are a kind of religion.

They cannot prove anything, but they believe.

It's all about some extra money, so no worries. ;)

18ml5h5v4lm8kjpg.jpg

This surely has better microdynamics or even less jitter. But only golden ears can catch the difference. :p

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
First hit for TinTin on Google:

1580575354723.png

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I agree with that part, based on the rest.

Can we not delete our own accounts?
How nice of you to come in here, take a huge dump, then tell us to wipe your ass.

What a shame you couldn't stay longer...
It was a big dump , 10 pints and a Indian the night before big.

g29

Addicted to Fun and Learning
what is this place? ....:)

I have an audiophile network splicer made out of unobtainium for you that will only cost you half as much as your ethergen switch did and vastly outperforms it in the sonic realm. You have to hear it to believe it, measurements don't do it justice. Be sure to act quickly, because quantities of unobtainium are in very short supply worldwide. Although we in negotiations with Space Force to harvest more off world supplies in the future, we do not have a definite timeline for its acquisition potential from non-terrestrial sources.

41CiAcgsgnL._SX342_.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom