• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upgrading my AVR soon! Denon AVR-X3600 vs AVR-X2200

WaynesterUK

Hi guys

Had my Denon AVR-X2200 for around 4 years now, I’m not displeased with it but want to upgrade it now, is the AVR-X3600 a massive improvement in sound quality and for 2 channel music listening (playing CD’s) I was also looking at the X3700

hmt

Buy the X3600. it has Audyssey MultEQ XT32. The X3700 will not be an additional improvement.

7enlair

Hi guys

Had my Denon AVR-X2200 for around 4 years now, I’m not displeased with it but want to upgrade it now, is the AVR-X3600 a massive improvement in sound quality and for 2 channel music listening (playing CD’s) I was also looking at the X3700

Hi,
Also having an AVR_X2200 and about to buy an AVR-X3700 in order to have MultEQ XT32 and also some suitable pre-out to use my Cambridge Edge W on the front L/R. Hope the association will be fine...
In my opinion, the missing pre-out is the major lack of the AVRX2200. However, I'm not sure if the sound quality difference will be significant.

OP
WaynesterUK

WaynesterUK

Hi,
Also having an AVR_X2200 and about to buy an AVR-X3700 in order to have MultEQ XT32 and also some suitable pre-out to use my Cambridge Edge W on the front L/R. Hope the association will be fine...
In my opinion, the missing pre-out is the major lack of the AVRX2200. However, I'm not sure if the sound quality difference will be significant.

surely the sound quality will be a big step up? The 2200 is from 2015, the X3700 is 5 years newer, it’s just gotta have better everything ‍♂️

Urgo

Forum Donor
At the same price, 3600 vs 3700, I would buy the 3700 without hesitation. There are no significant differences in measurements and typical use, and the 3700 brings updates and improvements in several respects.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Different models have different features to differentiate them. I'd think the sound quality outside of such would be similar otherwise. The pre-outs and XT32 would be better than the model you have, tho.

7enlair

Different models have different features to differentiate them. I'd think the sound quality outside of such would be similar otherwise. The pre-outs and XT32 would be better than the model you have, tho.
Agree. X32 ad pre-outs are definitly the reason of my purchase. Even, if I hope a little improvement of the sound quality, I'm not sure I'me gonna have the capacity to differentiate them.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Agree. X32 ad pre-outs are definitly the reason of my purchase. Even, if I hope a little improvement of the sound quality, I'm not sure I'me gonna have the capacity to differentiate them.

I'd think any sound quality differences would result from significant differences in the units' features (like dsp/room eq), not just their pricing scheme....

Deucevantage

Hi,
How do you like your edge W ?

7enlair

How do you like your edge W ?
My edge W is working fine with the edge NQ as I love the design and do not need so much power. Also to be honest, the next step is to replace the JMR studio 2 my grandfather left me. As I love how they sound, I also have to be realistic, the edge can handle higher end speakers.

Attachments

• DSC_0710.JPG
    DSC_0710.JPG
    662 KB · Views: 130
Top Bottom