• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upgrading from 2.0 to 5.0/1 - will this work?

theonline3333

I got a LG C1 tv and did not like the tv speakers so I bought a loxjie amp and Kanto YUP6 passive 5.25 speakers. It sounds good but I am now thinking I should return the amp and get an AVR and go for 5.0 or 5.1. I am in an apartment and am not sure if I want to add a sub as I do not want to annoy neighbors. I only have two inputs, media center pc and gaming pc.

I am planning to join Costco and buy the Denon s760h since I want 4k120 for gaming. I am looking at Neumi Bs5 and Cs5. I am thinking about either returning the Kantos and getting 4 Bs5s(two for front and two for surrounds) and a cs5 for center then a cheap sub like maybe the dayton sub800. Or should I keep the Kantos and add the Neumis as surrounds and Neumi Cs5 as center?

So would it be better to keep the kantos for front L and R or return them and get all Neumis?

Thanks!

Last edited:

delta76

Major Contributor
I saw your other thread. I would suggest to go with a better avr, x3700h or x4700h and skip the amps, for now. go with a pair of front speakers first, then decide on the sub. you will eventually want to have an atmos setup (I'm sure of that), but buy in small batches so you can change your mind later.

OP
T

theonline3333

I saw your other thread. I would suggest to go with a better avr, x3700h or x4700h and skip the amps, for now. go with a pair of front speakers first, then decide on the sub. you will eventually want to have an atmos setup (I'm sure of that), but buy in small batches so you can change your mind later.
Thanks. I ended up buying a s760h with emotiva b1+ front L and R c1+ center and neumi bs5s for surrounds. I am returning the amp and the kantos. I will consider the atmos speakers as a future upgrade for sure.

delta76

Major Contributor
I mistook emotiva b1+ and neumi bs5s for amp, while they are actually speakers. If you are happy with them, all is good then

Top Bottom