• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upgrading after Yamaha RX-596 no longer working.

lhe

Hi, hope everyone is doing well. I am planning on buying an integrated amplifier since my Yamaha RX-596 no longer works. I have used RX-596 for 15 years and I liked the sound of it.
kindly let me know me if I should go for A-S301, A-S501 or A-S701 to connect with Boston Acoustics VR2 tower speakers. If you could let me know the sound quality difference between the Yamaha's integrated amps which I have mentioned earlier?. Will Yamaha integrateds be an improvement over RX-596 in SQ? My room is 11x 12. Thanks very much:)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
@Amir actually reviewed an RX-596 here:

The A-S301 will sound just as good, it has better volume control and channel tracking, but obviously lacks an AM/FM tuner. Power output is similar. If it were me, I'd get an A-S501 if you can find a really good price. I have an A-300 here as a test bench amp (same as 301 except without the DAC) and it is pretty much a perfect little integrated.

Just be careful with super hot inputs- the front end will overload above about 4.2V (edge case input to an amplifier and a bit ridiculous if you ask me)

OP
L

lhe

@Amir actually reviewed an RX-596 here:

The A-S301 will sound just as good, it has better volume control and channel tracking, but obviously lacks an AM/FM tuner. Power output is similar. If it were me, I'd get an A-S501 if you can find a really good price. I have an A-300 here as a test bench amp (same as 301 except without the DAC) and it is pretty much a perfect little integrated.

Just be careful with super hot inputs- the front end will overload above about 4.2V (edge case input to an amplifier and a bit ridiculous if you ask me)
Yes, how is your opinion about NAD C316 specially when compared with Yamaha's sound signature? also I am able to see Loxjie A30 has been praised alot by ASR, how does it stand when compare with conventional integrated amplifier?

Top Bottom