• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upgrades suggestion/recommendation/Discussions for Noticeable Audio quality improvement.

OP
F

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Check out their review. They have impedance below 3 Ohm somewhere, that's not an easy task for AVR or Rotel.
And check this review
Their EPDR is below 4 Ohm with almost all frequencies below 1,5K. It's serious.
Oh WoW!

I guess it is the 708p then :)

FeddyLost

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I guess it is the 708p then
It's not nessessary to decline R3 option completely, but personally I'd prefer to understand if my amplification will produce required SPL without distortion.
If R3s are 86 Db/m and Erin said
I used these speakers with the Parasound NewClassic 200 Integrated Amplifier. This integrated amplifier has 110w @ 4 and 8 ohms and was adequate to provide the output levels I needed at 4 meters listening distance. However, if you have a seating distance of more than 4m and want to listen at louder than - say - 95dB, I would suggest more power.
You can just check if your AVR or amp will be sufficient.
That's why I prefer to clarify exact numbers of required SPL and all other stuff.

FeddyLost

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Can I ask why you have come to this conclusion?
As an lazy office rat that voluntary (!) made a bunch of LMBA, I'd call room treatment in bass not worthing investments and labour unless proper sound is a prerequisite for your daily living.
It's really good idea if you build a studio to work there, but for customer buying some Dirac and/or multi-subs usually looks much more reasonable.

OP
F

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

I had a late night-early morning session... It is now clear to me that I want a system that improves upon the one I currently enjoy so much... In other words I need speakers that have all the strengths of the 308 and none or few of its weaknesses.. This seems to be what the JBL 708 is...
I also will tackle MSO. I am in the process of comparing carefully HSU vs SVS. The two (2) Dayton Audio SB-1500 will remain in the system. Total of 3 subwoofers. Later a third 708 ... much , much later. For now the purpose is to have the best 2-channel without breaking the bank, and, frankly I am satisfied with the 308 as LCR and 305 as surround for HT pruposes. No complaint whatever haeshness is drowned by the video , thus If I acquire the pair of 708.. two 308 will move to surround and the third will remain at Center... Not the ideal but ... the 305 will move to Atmos.

O.T.I need to write a post on the value of centering a system around an AVR with Audyssey XT32 and pre-out :)... Well heck around Denon X-3400 and up :D...

Thanks All!
Peace

Top Bottom