• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upgrade to XenForo with different react options

Promit

Basically this is what I'm looking for:
1652888494066.png

I don't know if this requires a version upgrade or is just a setting change in XenForo, but it'd be awfully nice to have the wider range of react emojis. Looks like it was added in 2.1 but might require settings to enable.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Several of these are already available right? :( :oops: :mad: Thumbs up is available via the Like button.

So just missing the love face and crying face and the Quote function.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I disabled those reactions. If you are just asking for emoji alone, I can look into that.
I'd for sure keep the reactions disabled (it messed with the precious ”Likes” counter).

Having Unicode emoji’s be supported would be nice though.

Last edited:
OP
Promit

Promit

I disabled those reactions. If you are just asking for emoji alone, I can look into that.
Amir, sometimes I just want to laugh at people. Can't I have that much without typing a reply?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Amir, sometimes I just want to laugh at people. Can't I have that much without typing a reply?
Best to post a few words indicating the reason for such....

These reactions were on when I first upgraded to this version and the consensus was to disable them.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I‘s for sure keep the reactions disabled (it messed with the precious ”Likes” counter).

Having Unicode emoji’s be supported would be nice though.
This!

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I mean -- if one is sufficiently motivated -- all emojums emojii emojis are within one's grasp.

smokin emojum.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Best to post a few words indicating the reason for such....

These reactions were on when I first upgraded to this version and the consensus was to disable them.
One of the problems with any negative reactions (didn't we have a thumbs down for a short while?), we had those who oppose the idea of ASR, that science trumps sighted listening impressions come in and down vote everything. Especially early on when there were fewer ASR members than now it made the up/down voting completely useless.

I also think the idea of if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all isn't a bad guide to up and down voting. For misinformation or disagreements posting with explanations of ones ideas and views is better than just up/down voting.

I have a few times used a big thumbs down graphic along with a post. Most often it was simply for grossly overpriced under-performing gear.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
Several of these are already available right? :( :oops: :mad: Thumbs up is available via the Like button.

So just missing the love face and crying face and the Quote function.

pretty sure he meant reacts, as in FB react emojis/smilies - strictly as a reaction to a post, like the thumbsup on here (just more of them) - and not the ones you can post in a reply message

Top Bottom