• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upgrade current DIY DAC

Superparati

Hello!

Happy owner of a Pi3B and HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro, using it for more than 4 years now previously with a Pi2.
I would like to build a project for this winter for my holidays :) and I thought it could be a good project to build a new DAC.

Today my current setting the above plus connected to an Arcam A39 and Kef R3 speaker in bi-wiring.
An External hard drive is connected to the PI via USA and the PI connected to the network via Ethernet.
The Pi and DAC are getting their juice from an Apple USB power supply 10w.

My thinking is I would buy a new Pi4, a new case which if possible can fit my hard drive, DAC and deliver enough power to all of those things.

Would help and knowledge are more than welcome and please do not hesitate to add your input!

The DAC would be based on the famous EC9038Q2M ship, using maybe a KALI Reclocker, an AUDIOPHONICS DAC I-Sabre ES9038Q2M but happy to hear your input.
I have an IR infrared in/out which can be set to control my amp and switch sources using mOode, would be happy hear your input.
I do not need a screen but I would be kind to fit everything in a same enclosure case :) which one this is the question.

Thanks!

Top Bottom