• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Unusual Speaker Designs

mac

Forum Donor
115db @1Hz is impressive. Rated frequency range is 1Hz to 20Hz. http://www.eminent-tech.com/

RW_front.jpg

Last edited:

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning

mac

Forum Donor

noname

What brand are these? Remind of the (unfortunately) discontinued Philips Soundsphere models

I don't know. I found it from FB.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Actually, pressure inside the box does change, but the pressure of the air enclosed between the two woofers membranes does not change. And yes, it is an old invention by genius Harry Olson. It cuts required box volume in half and lowers the second harmonic distortion.

Jamo had a similar arrangement for decades in their "push-pull" designs. I first saw them in the early 1980s and they continued right up until the 2000s. I have a pair of 507as in my listening room at the moment. Twin 6.5" opposed internal woofers exiting via a large diameter rear port. Crossed over at 150Hz to twin 4" mids in a MTM like, narrow front, curved-side design.

1621239083476.png

They have very low THD across the board.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Literally everything from this company looks like a teacher explained speakers to a classroom full of 9 year olds, and then had them draw their designs: https://oswaldsmillaudio.com/loudspeakers

I personally really like the look of some of them, haha.

Definitely skeptical of the performance, though. Their biggest selling point(they mention it in every video) is that their speakers use "conical horns", and sound like the way speakers used to a long time ago.

Top Bottom