• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Unit to Unit Variation

nyxnyxnyx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
these are still 3 different headphones with different materials, driver type, width and what else.
aren't they supposed to STILL sound different even if there was next to zero deviation when you apply EQ?
I haven't done a proper ABX test because I lack the knowledge as well as the tools, but after using oratory's EQ target in 3 different headphones, they still sound quite different in the end.

OP
concorde1

concorde1

The verdict:

My TH900 is amazing with the Oratory EQ.
My LCD-3 is amazing with the custom EQ (GEQ and PEQ) as on page 1.

The distortion I heard with the GEQ seems to be a glitch that happens for about a second when I activate the GEQ, but it goes away after.

My HP-3 - sounds awful with all available autoEQ's and not much better with no EQ.

I'll try EQing the HP-3 by ear otherwise might sell them.

I also tried the Peace Headphones and Hearing Test Window to generate an EQ, and that was completely off too - way too much bass.

Top Bottom