• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Under $200 headphones (or iems) for sleeping.

AudioAaron

Don't you get tangled in the wires? I know I do; I toss and turn during the night and wires would get in the way.
I toss and turn, too. I usually am OK. I set the DAP close enough that theres slack to turn over. I have a similar use case as OP - I need music to fall asleep but my partner likes silence.

I had a cheap bluetooth headband with speakers that wasnt too bad, but it eventually died.

sfdoddsy

I've done a bunch of testing in this area after moving house and having my wife's study next to the lounge where my big boy speakers reside, and also changes to sleeping arrangements due to a young child.

For me, no headphone passes the flopping on the lounge test. Whilst I often start with my head upright, I also like to lie more on my side on occasion whilst reading. Impossible with headphones.

It's doable with IEMs, but most make their presence felt after a while.

In bed is even tougher. I'm a side sleeper and like a firm pillow so even my Airpods start to grate after a while.

The only decent IEMs I've tried that can be almost ignored whilst sleeping are Shure SE215s. The sound is a bit coloured stock, but I use Roon to EQ them which makes them more than acceptable.

You can use them with wireless BT cables too.

OP
wacomme

wacomme

I've done a bunch of testing in this area after moving house and having my wife's study next to the lounge where my big boy speakers reside, and also changes to sleeping arrangements due to a young child.

For me, no headphone passes the flopping on the lounge test. Whilst I often start with my head upright, I also like to lie more on my side on occasion whilst reading. Impossible with headphones.

It's doable with IEMs, but most make their presence felt after a while.

In bed is even tougher. I'm a side sleeper and like a firm pillow so even my Airpods start to grate after a while.

The only decent IEMs I've tried that can be almost ignored whilst sleeping are Shure SE215s. The sound is a bit coloured stock, but I use Roon to EQ them which makes them more than acceptable.

You can use them with wireless BT cables too.
I keep hearing how comfortable the SE215's are, and how you can sleep with them. The wired ones look comfortable, but the wireless ones do not look comfortable - at least to sleep in. Are they? I'm wondering if I could use the wired 215's with a Qudelix 5K attached (with EQ) and wireless to my phone.

With EQ, do the 215's sound good? Is there good sound isolation, or do you need to crank the music to overcome the sound of snoring?

Top Bottom