• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Undecided

Paspolc

hi everyone, i need a quick and unbiased advice: i'm undecided on which amplifier to connect to my Elac dbr62 if a marantz pm7000n or a Yamaha R-N803. I mainly listen to rock, jazz, classical music, my room is 300 sq.ft and I sit at about 6/7 feet from the hifi system.

my choice is limited to these two products.

Thanks to all.
Pasquale

P.s. my hifi includes a Schiit loki and a Mivoc hype subwoofer.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Yamaha looks to be the better amplifier, don't know what other facilities may make a difference to you.

Yamaha is higher power and specified down to 2 ohms, whereas the Marantz is specified only to 4 ohms, and the power increase from 8 to 4 ohms is only from 60 to 80W, so that looks rather a small increase. Your 'speakers have a minimum impedance of 5 ohms, so not an extreme load, but the Yamaha looks to me like the more capable unit.

By the way, I notice you're in Avellino, before I retired I used to visit Radio Magic in Paternopoli as the Barbieri brothers were one of my customers. Lovely part of the world.

S.

OP
Paspolc

Paspolc

The Yamaha looks to be the better amplifier, don't know what other facilities may make a difference to you.

Yamaha is higher power and specified down to 2 ohms, whereas the Marantz is specified only to 4 ohms, and the power increase from 8 to 4 ohms is only from 60 to 80W, so that looks rather a small increase. Your 'speakers have a minimum impedance of 5 ohms, so not an extreme load, but the Yamaha looks to me like the more capable unit.

By the way, I notice you're in Avellino, before I retired I used to visit Radio Magic in Paternopoli as the Barbieri brothers were one of my customers. Lovely part of the world.

S.
Wow, how small world is, i don't know if radio Magic still exists, lovely part of the world, but a little depressed...economic wise.

Top Bottom