• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Unbalanced Linn Majik DSM4 to Balanced DIY Nilai

Tomodig

Hi, waiting on my speakers, a pair of Revel Performa 208s - while doing so i pulled the gun on a great price on a Majik DSM 4 which only has unbalanced outputs (RCA) and been following and reading enough to want to try a DIY kit on a Hypex Nilai amp, which only has balanced inputs.
Would i get any drawbacks from using a RCA to XLR cable or should I just jump ship on wanting to try the Nilai with current gear. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome to ASR!

Using an RCA to XLR adapter cable will work just fine. (Below is taken from the Hypex NC400 datasheet, which is also applicable to the Nilai.)

hypex_1.png

Set the gain of the Nilai to high, and you will get full rated output with the de facto standard full scale RCA output of 2 V.

hypex_2.png

Top Bottom