• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UMIK-2 First time Room EQ measurements.

• Thread starter Deleted member 35357
  • Start date

brk

Boosting the 100-300 hz region will make the speakers sound "bigger" at the expense of some muddiness in the midrange. REW can find a minimal phase region in there to experiment with some tasteful boosting to find a happy medium. For the bass, my speakers were designed with an "EQ box" that added 5.2 dB at 32 hz with a Q value of 1. Despite experimenting with many customized EQ settings in my room, using boost and with sharp cuts at the room resonances (45 and 65) sounded best. As for averaging fixed mic positions, you can vary the amount of horizontal, vertical, and front/back distance to cover any area you like. I had a tough time obtaining repeatable MMM measurements- I think I was always pushing the mic too far forward.

OP
D

Deleted member 35357

Found some wattage rating specs for the speakers:

38Hz to 20Khz
Ouput: (>105dB SPL)
200 Watts continuos for all speakers. (75dB A-weighted S/N)
200mV rms (input sensitivity)
Max 2V rms input.

21 Watts for fronts & rear (continuous per speaker)
23 W centre channel.
150Hz to 20Khz
3" full range with tweeters

94 Watts sub continuous.
38Hz to 150Hz
Dual 6.5" long throw drivers, ported.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 35357

Took a week brake to settle in a little with the PEQ and then tried today to just tinker with better channel balance before new REW PEQ generation after trying a little extra adjustments.

Just got wondering about distortion.
Is this a fine result for my corrected room response?

221230 Distortion.png

I'm guessing Distortion is fine at these levels? It's below the general noise floor of the mic.

Top Bottom