• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UMC204HD questions...

TDCIYB

First of all, hi to all! I have been lurking here for about a year now, and finally deceided to join in posting!
Hoping that it is okay to bump this old thread as my 1 post:

I want to buy a budget audio interface, with either this model from Behringer or the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

For my application recording 1 or 2 mics for podcasting and live streaming, it would be a good fit provided i dont rely on the headphone amp, because the DAC and mic pre amps are good/okay, am i correct?
Or am i missing something?

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
First of all, hi to all! I have been lurking here for about a year now, and finally deceided to join in posting!
Hoping that it is okay to bump this old thread as my 1 post:

I want to buy a budget audio interface, with either this model from Behringer or the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

For my application recording 1 or 2 mics for podcasting and live streaming, it would be a good fit provided i dont rely on the headphone amp, because the DAC and mic pre amps are good/okay, am i correct?
Or am i missing something?
The Focusrite is better for recording. I use it a lot and it performs wonderfully. The Behringer works well (other than the anemic output voltage) on the D/A side, but the mic pre and A/D are distinctly inferior to the Focusrite.

TDCIYB

The Focusrite is better for recording. I use it a lot and it performs wonderfully. The Behringer works well (other than the anemic output voltage) on the D/A side, but the mic pre and A/D are distinctly inferior to the Focusrite.

Thanks SIY!
That helps me alot! I hope you could answer me one further question: Do you mean compared to the 2 Gen or 3 Gen Focusrite? Seeing that the 2nd Gen are now being sold on Ebay for up to 50% less and me being cash strapped..

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Thanks SIY!
That helps me alot! I hope you could answer me one further question: Do you mean compared to the 2 Gen or 3 Gen Focusrite? Seeing that the 2nd Gen are now being sold on Ebay for up to 50% less and me being cash strapped..
All of the above, including the original Gen.

Top Bottom