• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ultrasone Volcano amp (bad taste joke)

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

3125b

Major Contributor
Like everything Ultrasone, it sucks.
Having said that: Their true calling are probably vacuum cleaners.

Sukie

Forum Donor
Apparently they use "noble, solid woods" and "finest sheep leather" (I'm assuming the leather is more for the headphones rather than amplifiers!)

https://ultrasone.com/manufactury/?lang=en

All I can say is that the trees and sheep of Bavaria must be very bespoke and premium!

chi2

Forum Donor
"ELEGANT, POWERFULL UND WARM-HEARTED"

Ultrasone - where the levels of engineering and orthography are on par.

Koloth

What do you reckon: do they need to sell two or three of these things to break even on their "R&D"?
Seems like a desperation move to me... is Ultrasone going under?

OP
H

Human Bass

What do you reckon: do they need to sell two or three of these things to break even on their "R&D"?
Seems like a desperation move to me... is Ultrasone going under?
I guess there is a good chance. 19k euros is a bit more than 22k dollars. There are entire audiophile systems i could buy for that and still have some change.

Trepxe

This may sound strange, but I heard the pre-series amp paired with an Edition 15 ( Budapest HiFi Show / Hungary / Europe) and it is truly one of my best HP experiences to date while using many different HPs, including an Abyss+ XI Audio head amp combo. No arguments, the price is insane, but I'm sure there will be buyers for whom price doesn't matter because the sound is brilliant, and the product is unique.

Top Bottom