• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ultimate 1ET400A Purifi Amplifier sonic shootout - €820 to €8,344

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
True, but if something happens you have to ship to the US. Higher costs, a lot of paperwork to go through customs each time. VTV build quality is, IMNSHO, quite on the low side. Have a look at the Apollon Audio Purifi Mini Stereo Amplifier - for the stunning build quality it is a steal. And service directly in the EU.

Roberto
The Apollon MIni is indeed elegant with many professional touches. However one ought to ask whether results in significantly better or safer operation.

VTV builds are, OTOH, essentially assembly jobs, and yes, we must allow rather DIY, however they are adequate to the task.

This is the inside of my own VTV stereo with VTV buffers. It looks basic but sufficiently tidy ...
IMG_20201114_093213772_HDR.jpg

Semla

How much should one pay to avoid unused holes?
About the price of a pack of chewing gum (DIY) or whatever Audiophonics is charging now.

I'm sure their amps sound good. I just wonder how VTV end up doing all that unnecessary work on their cases.

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
About the price of a pack of chewing gum (DIY) or whatever Audiophonics is charging now.

I'm sure their amps sound good. I just wonder how VTV end up doing all that unnecessary work on their cases.
Likewise.

Presumably VTV orders the cases from a supplier who drills the holes such that a single case type can accommodate multiple configurations; cheaper than having different case for each.

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Likewise.

Presumably VTV orders the cases from a supplier who drills the holes such that a single case type can accommodate multiple configurations; cheaper than having different case for each.
Their EVAL1 case looks just like the Ghent case with VTV machined onto the face. Maybe Ghent supplies all their cases?

ABall

Forum Donor
The Apollon MIni is indeed elegant with many professional touches. However one ought to ask whether results in significantly better or safer operation.

VTV builds are, OTOH, essentially assembly jobs, and yes, we must allow rather DIY, however they are adequate to the task.

This is the inside of my own VTV stereo with VTV buffers. It looks basic but sufficiently tidy ...
View attachment 146663
Wasnt there performance issues all be it small using this layout as identified in reviews here? I think VTV has taken this on board though as his new offering looks like this.

Attachments

• IMG_8462-scaled.jpg
    IMG_8462-scaled.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 211

mSpot

Wasnt there performance issues all be it small using this layout as identified in reviews here? I think VTV has taken this on board though as his new offering looks like this.
That is a different model. VTV offers 3 different models of Purifi stereo amp and they have different layouts and come in different size cases. The stereo models are EVAL1 buffers (the photo you posted), VTV custom buffers (the one @Gorganzola posted), and with dual mono power supplies.

mocenigo

Major Contributor
Good point. So those goods coming from Norway into the EU would be subject to tariff, etc.

It all depends... For instance Abrahamsen Audio was (or still is?) manufacturing its amps in Sweden, so they could be sold without going through customs to the EU, and I guess also to Norway (the Nordic Council and its relations to the EU are a weird thing). So maybe Vera is doing the same? I absolutely do not know. But if they manufacture and ship from Norway, it's tariffs then.

ABall

Forum Donor
That is a different model. VTV offers 3 different models of Purifi stereo amp and they have different layouts and come in different size cases. The stereo models are EVAL1 buffers (the photo you posted), VTV custom buffers (the one @Gorganzola posted), and with dual mono power supplies.

Yes I was aware of that, not sure what it has to do with my statement. I was pointing out that the NEW (it has NEW stamped in red) stereo Eval has the layout that was discussed to provide less power supply coupling on the channel closest, I would not be surprised if they all end up laid out like the new Eval 1 regardless of buffer, unless of course the buffers are just too big for the cases he has access to, I know which one I would buy!

TabCam

isn't it Norway? Then it is not in the EU.
It all depends... For instance Abrahamsen Audio was (or still is?) manufacturing its amps in Sweden, so they could be sold without going through customs to the EU, and I guess also to Norway (the Nordic Council and its relations to the EU are a weird thing). So maybe Vera is doing the same? I absolutely do not know. But if they manufacture and ship from Norway, it's tariffs then.
Norway is member of the EEU, so economic and judicial rights are protected when ordering from within the E`U. Since the Brexit, ordering from the UK (or any other non-EEU country like the Sweden and the US) poses more problems for EU citizens, both economically and judicially.

roffe

Norway is member of the EEU, so economic and judicial rights are protected when ordering from within the E`U. Since the Brexit, ordering from the UK (or any other non-EEU country like the Sweden and the US) poses more problems for EU citizens, both economically and judicially.

Try again with "the Sweden"...

Top Bottom