• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ultimate 1ET400A Purifi Amplifier sonic shootout - €820 to €8,344

Lawhaus

NAD is coming out with the C298 power amp using purifi, you can add that to your list.

Im extemely happy to read this. Purifi amp is in my wishlist for so long already, but the ugly designs (Nord) and questionable build quality (Audiophonics) from the smaller Purifi vendors really made me doubt. Rather pay a couple euros more for a NAD version.

ririt

Im extemely happy to read this. Purifi amp is in my wishlist for so long already, but the ugly designs (Nord) and questionable build quality (Audiophonics) from the smaller Purifi vendors really made me doubt. Rather pay a couple euros more for a NAD version.
If you do not need ajustable gain, the coming P452 from March Audio will be cost effective compare to the NAD version. From what I read on different threads the build quality seems to be excellent.

Lawhaus

If you do not need ajustable gain, the coming P452 from March Audio will be cost effective compare to the NAD version. From what I read on different threads the build quality seems to be excellent.

March seems exceptional indeed! But I wasn't aware of the P452 yet (thanks for that). The March monoblocks were definitely not cost effective for me. Especially with shipping to EU.

mocenigo

Major Contributor

Apollon provides a little purifi based stereo amp with a great looking case see https://www.apollonaudio.com/apollon-1et400a-mini-stereo-amplifier/

It seems better built than the NAD. OTOH the NAD has some extra useful features (like the variable gain) and can be bridged.

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The NAD C298 has a gain knob:

20200909151902_NAD-C298PurifiAmplifierWeb.jpg

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The NAD C298 has a gain knob:

20200909151902_NAD-C298PurifiAmplifierWeb.jpg

Interesting that they released their two channel Purifi in the classic line instead of the M line like the M22. That should place it well eblow the price of the M22 and I am guessing will canabalize its sales. I wonder if they are working on a NC1200 M22v3.

kaka89

Interesting that they released their two channel Purifi in the classic line instead of the M line like the M22. That should place it well eblow the price of the M22 and I am guessing will canabalize its sales. I wonder if they are working on a NC1200 M22v3.

They probably wants to reserve the M line for higher power model.

Reactions: wje

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That would make sense.

Nikola

Forum Donor
My Apollon Purifi 1ET400A amp arrived a few weeks ago. It is by far the best case for amplifier I have seen so far. Case is thick and solid, while paint job is outstanding. Apollon logo looks great while not being too flashy/aggressive in a dark room. When I unpacked it, I was so amazed that I did not want to touch it with my bare hands and opted for using gloves instead. :D Also power button is now hidden under the amp near the front plate to the left which I find optimal for my use case. I must say that enclosure is a big upgrade compared to NC800SL , which I also have, in terms of design/size/quality. Sound performance is of course awesome, as good as it gets and what is expected from Purifi modules. Case gets barely warm during prolonged usage, which was also a pleasant surprise.
1.jpg

View attachment 4.jpg
All in all I am more than satisfied with my purchase, it was a great decision, thus completing my HIFI setup for a long time to come. :)

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My Apollon Purifi 1ET400A amp arrived a few weeks ago. It is by far the best case for amplifier I have seen so far. Case is thick and solid, while paint job is outstanding. Apollon logo looks great while not being too flashy/aggressive in a dark room. When I unpacked it, I was so amazed that I did not want to touch it with my bare hands and opted for using gloves instead. :D Also power button is now hidden under the amp near the front plate to the left which I find optimal for my use case. I must say that enclosure is a big upgrade compared to NC800SL , which I also have, in terms of design/size/quality. Sound performance is of course awesome, as good as it gets and what is expected from Purifi modules. Case gets barely warm during prolonged usage, which was also a pleasant surprise.
View attachment 82950
View attachment 82951
All in all I am more than satisfied with my purchase, it was a great decision, thus completing my HIFI setup for a long time to come. :)
You lucky bastard...:eek:
Still waiting for my Pearl White one... Please hurry, @Apollon Audio !

Soundstage

View attachment 82950
View attachment 82951
Looks nice!
Has it been measured? How good is there “custom” input buffer?
Is the gain adjustable? Is there a clipping indicator?

Apollon Audio

Audio Company
Looks nice!
Has it been measured? How good is there “custom” input buffer?
Is the gain adjustable? Is there a clipping indicator?

Hello,

our custom input buffer measures just as good if not better than the stock Purifi input buffer. I can send measuremnts to your PM.

The front led logo lights red when the amplifier clips although the Purifi module doesn’t support this feature. This feature is for the upcoming version of the same mini amplifier with the NC500 module which supports this feature.

Soundstage

Hello,

our custom input buffer measures just as good if not better than the stock Purifi input buffer. I can send measuremnts to your PM.

The front led logo lights red when the amplifier clips although the Purifi module doesn’t support this feature. This feature is for the upcoming version of the same mini amplifier with the NC500 module which supports this feature.
Thanks for your input.

Massimo

View attachment 82950
View attachment 82951

The case looks great except for the flashy illuminated logo shouting look at me :eek:

Top Bottom