• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Uapp,Hiby,Poweramp....

Njoy

How do these music app work? I am unable to find a simple answer.I have tried Uapp and Hiby both sound different.How is that possible? If these apps are sending digital data to a usb dac shouldn't they sound the same?

Does listening from the usb dac directly connected to headphone and using only 40% of volume (Hardware) effect sound quality.Should the hardware volume be set to max and then listened to an external amplifier with volume control? I did search online and found information that reducing hardware volume ( in app )will effect sound quality.

mugbot

Forum Donor
UAPP uses it's own implementation for audio, rather than the built in android audio, which might explain the difference.
In general, UAPP is much better at working with DACs than the standard android approach.

Joe Bloggs

Most apps don't send digital data direct to the USB DAC (Android limitations) but both UAPP and HiBy do (assuming set up correctly), so that doesn't explain the difference.

I wouldn't worry about the volume thing.

If other settings such as DSP (which is actually a wonderful thing, I advise to try by all means for anything other than comparison purposes) are off, we may consider that the differences are caused by this little thing called placebo.

zeluxao

Most apps don't send digital data direct to the USB DAC (Android limitations) but both UAPP and HiBy do (assuming set up correctly), so that doesn't explain the difference.

I wouldn't worry about the volume thing.

If other settings such as DSP (which is actually a wonderful thing, I advise to try by all means for anything other than comparison purposes) are off, we may consider that the differences are caused by this little thing called placebo.
Can using uapp with it's peq replace a minidsp?

Top Bottom