• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TV Series Suggestion Please

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I will push Astrid Murder in Paris again
Not the most original premise.
Brilliant, Asperger's sufferer.
However, teamed up with the hot, hot, hot Commander Raphael .( If I'm allowed to put that), just terrific. Series 2, episode 4 features Bach's Toccata and Fugue, so something especially for us here. Mind you, you must watch from the beginning of the Series!

ExPerfectionist

Just finished watching Season 1 of The Bear on Hulu. Fantastic show, watched S2 Ep1 last night. Short episodes, great writing and acting.

Silo on Apple TV is pretty great, alt reality/future sci-fi. I'm 4~ episodes into S1 of Foundation on Apple TV as well, solid sci-fi so far.

Only Murders in the Building on Hulu is a fun show with Steve Martin and Martin Short if you like true crime podcasts and/or those actors. Season 3 starts in a few weeks.

I watched the first episode of Full Circle on Max, a Steven Soderbergh-directed mini series. Interesting premise and hook so far.

Watching S3 of The Witcher on Netflix, although it doesn't feel quite as engaging as S2 so far. Maybe my GF and I are just too busy to binge it right now haha.

Killing Eve season 1 on Hulu was really great, got me hooked last year. My GF and I lost momentum on S2 and I've been meaning to go back and watch. Female assassin/serial killer and the female MI6(?) agent tracking/stalking her, and their symbiotic relationship.

Max/HBO's The White Lotus was great, great writing and characters, both season 1 and 2.

*sorry if these have been mentioned. I only looked back at the last few pages before posting.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you liked the old "Twilight Zone" TV series, you may wish to give "Black Mirror" (Netflix) a try.
We started with watching S03 :oops: It has become quite fun trying to guess what is going to happen next... not that they give you enough clues.

ExPerfectionist

If you liked the old "Twilight Zone" TV series, you may wish to give "Black Mirror" (Netflix) a try.
We started with watching S03 :oops: It has become quite fun trying to guess what is going to happen next... not that they give you enough clues.

Yes! The episodes can be hit or miss, but there are some fantastic ones in there. Season 4 "USS Callister" is one of my favs.

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am looking for some great TV series suggestion that I will enjoy watching. I'm done with How I Met Your Mother, Gossip Girls, and Pretty Little Liars.
If you want to try a fun campy sci-fi series, the original Stargate is highly recommended.
And definitely give Asian dramas a try - my 2 recent favorite on Netflix is
  1. Love Between Fairy and Devil (great original soundtrack and character development) https://www.netflix.com/title/81622849
  2. Celebrity (Social Media drama well executed) https://www.netflix.com/title/81361096

cyclo

I upgraded to the latest version of Apple TV and got a free three month subscription to Apple TV+.

I have watched a lot of good shows in it including those which have been previously recommended here: Severance, Slow Horses, See, For All Mankind, Dickinson...

In addition to the above I have watched and also liked these: Silo, Drops of God, and Blackbird:

I am also a sucker for Sci Fi... Currently watching season 2 of The Foundation also on Apple TV+:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This "streaming" stuff has gone unruly and a big hassle.
IMHO: We got spoiled by the old cable-companies that provided 'packaged' and/or 'a la carte' menu offerings.
DVRs were heaven-sent for those who did not want to put up with commercials and wanted to enjoy movies and series at their own time.
Now, we have to forage for entertainment; while the streaming industry is finally being forced to the reality of austerity cutbacks to stop the hemorrhaging.
This movie business will always be in turmoil (and denial), chasing profits. [Hooligan B*st*rds and their Shenanigans!]

ta240

Major Contributor
Son of a Critch
His grandpa giving him advice on his first 'date': Don't try anything, save that for the second date... and on our third date your grandma told me she was pregnant.

Top Bottom