• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TV Series Suggestion Please

threni

Major Contributor
What he says, unique experience, from the beginning to the end.
I watched the first episode. It was like Black Mirror and I've stopped watching that because it was basically the same idea over and over. You think I should continue with Devs?

Triliza

Forum Donor
I watched the first episode. It was like Black Mirror and I've stopped watching that because it was basically the same idea over and over. You think I should continue with Devs?
My comment above was for Legion, witch I found very unique. For Devs, I don't know, it didn't really worked for me, it wasn't a rewarding enough experience, if you didn't like the first episode enough, I don't think that it will get any better in the rest of them. As always, this is highly subjective ofc.

TimF

Forum Donor
The best series I think were 1) the original BBC The Singing Detective, with Michael Gambon, 2) the BBC Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy with Alex Guiness, 3) the Russian production of 2005 The Master and Margarita.

posvibes

the Russian production of 2005 The Master and Margarita.
I had no idea such a thing existed, that said I would be hesitant to watch it, as that book lives in my imagination as something totally unique and I would dislike being bettered by someone else's vision or disappointed if they failed to get even close to the mental pictures I have in my head.

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Orphan Black - great performances by Tatiana Maslany.
Your Honor - only one season, but fans of Bryan Cranston will love it
Westworld - loved the first two seasons, but it went downhill from there
Counterpart - fantastic JK Simmons performance

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Tokyo Vice is quite good. HBO Max.

The 1st couple episodes of We Own This City looks good too. HBO Max.

Both are inspired by true events.

Shining Girls is looking good too and is another crime series. Apple TV.

Anatomy of a Scandal is yes another good crime series. Netflix.

I'm not hung up on crime series these are recent shows that are of high quality. Beats the plethora of mediocre horror that seemed to be common during the pandemic. Not a big fan of horror unless it is something exceptionally good.

A short series that may or may not be everyone's cup of tea is the HBO Max series DMZ. Apocolyptic near future in New York City.

Last edited:

deniall83

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
don't think anyone mentioned Outer range
been halfway down s01 and it's really good so far

Plcamp

If you enjoy political humour, the funniest tv series I’ve seen would be (the very old) “Yes, Minister” and it’s follow on “Yes, Prime Minister”.

When you watch it you see that things don’t really change, it’s all the same BS many decades later.

Fahzz

Forum Donor
Two female buddy shows:

From Australia: Wanted (Netflix) Fugitives
From Canada: Pretty Hard Cases ( Prime Video) Cops

Both entertaining, and when the show is about to go off the rails, they reel it back in.

Unground

If you enjoy political humour, the funniest tv series I’ve seen would be (the very old) “Yes, Minister” and it’s follow on “Yes, Prime Minister”.

When you watch it you see that things don’t really change, it’s all the same BS many decades later.
This. Biting satire, great casting and acting, side-splittingly funny scenes. The books are brilliant too. And yes, it is uncanny how much of it is mirrored today.

Astoneroad

Forum Donor
Sonic Avenger! A scrappy mad scientist sets the world of audio "on its' ear".

index.php

Tom C

Major Contributor

Can I get them on BritBox?

Top Bottom