• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TV Series Suggestion Please

Avamander

I'd recommend "For All Mankind", 1. and 3. season are better than the 2. but it's still in general very captivating. Audio-oriented people will also enjoy the (actually!) immersive Dolby Atmos soundtrack, video-oriented people will probably enjoy the quality visual effects and sets.

Last edited:

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm well into Season 1 of Succession, (HB0).

It's about a crusty 80 y/o dinosaur of a "MSM" tycoon, Logan Roy and his four kids who all aspire to succeed him as head of his empire. Logan Roy, brilliantly played by one of my favorite actors, Brian Cox, is reluctant to pass on torch because he is an old coot jealous of his power, but also because all his kids are jerks, idiots, drug heads, sex maniacs, and some combination of the preceding.

IMDB rating: 8.8/10* -- I give it a solid 8/8*

p17051206_b_h8_ab.jpg

N Fowleri

I'm well into Season 1 of Succession, (HB0).

It's about a crusty 80 y/o dinosaur of a "MSM" tycoon, Logan Roy and his four kids who all aspire to succeed him as head of his empire. Logan Roy, brilliantly played by one of my favorite actors, Brian Cox, is reluctant to pass on torch because he is an old coot jealous of his power, but also because all his kids are jerks, idiots, drug heads, sex maniacs, and some combination of the preceding.

IMDB rating: 8.8/10* -- I give it a solid 8/8*

p17051206_b_h8_ab.jpg
Brian Cox is a great actor. He was great in the movie LIE. Apparently, he got tips on how to portray the character from Kevin Spacey. :)

odarg64

McDonald & Dodds is pretty good if you like UK mysteries; very little violence or gore
Bang, Hidden and Hinterland are good Welsh noir
Never Have I Ever... is good(ish) natured and pretty funny, even with John McEnroe

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
MV5BNGI3ZTgwMzItMTA0ZC00NTFhLTkzNTQtMDBkMDc2NmVmY2NkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM1MTE1NDMx._V1_.jpg

You'll either love it or hate it, but The Rehearsal is six episodes of hilarious insanity. I don't want to describe it for fear of spoilers.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
The Chosen, one of the best series out right now. 100% independent and free, crowdfunded. Top tier quality, better than most of what is coming out on any major streaming services.

Triliza

Forum Donor
The Empress (2022)

What can I say, I like once in a while a little historical drama.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm enjoying For All Mankind on Apple.

Well made and an interesting idea.

skerik

Forum Donor
Just a few days ago, finished The Last Kingdom on Netflix. I haven't seen Vikings but it is in pretty similar territory. It's based on the Bernard Cornwell book series, previous collectively called the "Saxon Tales" as it covers the late 9th and early 10th century period of Danish incursions and the first unified England. Of course it's historical fiction so liberties are taken but it's really good, great characters and entertaining story both from season to season and the series long arc.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

I found myself liking She-Hulk .
I was all set to not care for it, finding it a bit silly, but there’s something in it. It grabs you , suspends your disbelief and .. Yeah .. It is good... engaging.

Man! I am turning into a Disney-shill. :facepalm:

Peace.

Last edited:

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Handmaid tales is a good one!
I endorse The Handmaid's Tale. A dystopian near-future sci-fi tale, but very intense and dramatically engaging. Its themes are starting to get a little worn by Season 4, which I'm watching now, but I'm still finding worthwhile. Season 5 is out but I can't speak to that.

MV5BN2M0NTdiMGYtNmFjZi00MjIxLWI3OTUtNTdmZDRlOTNiYWU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM1MTE1NDMx._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

pjn

I'm enjoying For All Mankind on Apple.

Well made and an interesting idea.
Indeed - except that once you get to season three you begin to understand why it is not a good idea to send people with a short fuse into space. Or people who are druggies. Or kids.
But the premise (actually several premises) is great fun. Loved the 60s technology in the first part of the first season

Top Bottom