• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TV height is an issue and I cannot find any low profile av cabinets

Searching for a cabinet has been taking so long that it's now delaying the entire project.

I'd love some advice or recommendations on super low profile AV cabinets, e.g. ~14/15 inches high.

For context my TV is 77" and the center speaker is a Salon Voice2, which is 15" high.

The lowest profile BDI cabinet is 21.5 inches tall, which means when you add the center channel the TV can't be put any lower than ~37 inches from the floor.

The eye height is ~33" from the floor, the middle of the TV would be 51 inches from the ground and the viewing distance is ~144" ergo this would put the viewing angle at ~ 8 degrees. If my trig is correct.

If I could find a cabinet at 15" high I could get the viewing angle down to 4.5 degrees.

I'm surprised I'm the only person who is interested in a av cabinet this low profile - any help would be massively appreciated.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
What about wallmounting the TV? Would make the cabinet search simpler, no? You could even get a mount which lets you adjust the viewing angle of the TV.

OP
B
The mounting height would still be the same, can’t go lower than the speaker. The TV is going to be on a pole anyway - the center speaker sits on the cabinet, not the TV

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The mounting height would still be the same, can’t go lower than the speaker. The TV is going to be on a pole anyway - the center speaker sits on the cabinet, not the TV
I rather like a slight upward placement of the screen myself. Among other reasons is having the center speaker the same height as side speakers seems helpful, and unless you put your side channels at 15 inches you won't have that or even close.

Another option is to place the cabinet left or right of the screen so it has no bearing on the height. Then the speaker can sit directly on the floor or its own short stand. Assuming the physical layout allows you this option.

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Have you considered finding and commissioning a local wood worker to create a custom piece? The cost usually isn't much different from buying quality new furniture.

Ratatoskr

Make it your self or browse Amazon to find something that will work. This one or this option might work. Visit your local IKEA also.

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Wall mounting worked for me.

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Could you use a cabinet with built-in shelf for center channel? Something like this:
NOAkA0s.jpg

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Why do you need a cabinet? Put the Voice2 on a stand. Put the components elsewhere and hide the wires.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Last edited:
Top Bottom