• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Turning a Nvidia Shield into a Hi-Rez Streamer?(using Plex)

Stereoguy

This is a question on if either of these adapters will do what I want?Want to use one of my USB ports on my Pro (2019) to stream hi-rez music 24-192 files.Do either of the devices allow me to use the port (USB A) on the Nvidia and then run a coax cable to a digital input(Coax) on my Anthem MRX740 (which does not have Analog bypass,so no point getting a external dac)?Thanks for the help!!
1f642.png

https://www.amazon.ca/.../dp/B09W5R6Q2V/ref=sr_1_1_sspa...

https://www.amazon.ca/Douk.../dp/B085XPRSGM/ref=sr_1_2...

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Those should work, but why not just go with HDMI to the Anthem?

The Shield is a great little box.

OP
S

Stereoguy

Those should work, but why not just go with HDMI to the Anthem?

The Shield is a great little box.
Feeling a bit embarrassed:oops:.:facepalm:..so HDMI will carry a 24-192 signal???Also will use reg. Tidal thru the plex media server?What settings should I use as also using plex to stream movies(4K one's). Thanks for the help!!

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Feeling a bit embarrassed:oops:.:facepalm:..so HDMI will carry a 24-192 signal???Also will use reg. Tidal thru the plex media server?What settings should I use as also using plex to stream movies(4K one's). Thanks for the help!!

No need to be embarrassed! They don't make it intuitive do they?!

In the setup menu you'll see some options, and yes, HDMI will carry 24/192.

1013221001_HDR_copy_918x918.jpg

1013221001a_HDR_copy_918x918.jpg

I've used a shield since they came out, and they are very capable. It makes a very good Plex player. I used it as a server until I set up Plex on my NAS, and had no complaints there either.

ash1980

I have been trying to be able to play audio / video files directly from the USB but apparently Nividia makes it hard to do just that :) Can you please provide some guidelines on how to setup the Plex server?

Top Bottom