• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trying to troubleshoot listening fatigue

Kalessin

Forum Donor
Consider trying an Aiyima A07, even though it is a class D amplifier. For around $80 (with power supply), I've been very impressed, and I do occasionally have audio fatigue from some amplifiers. Order from somewhere where you can return it if you don't like it.

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I find that I have a coffee threshold for listening fatigue. If I drink more than a certain amount, I cannot enjoy the music. Once I attain a certain caffeine level, I think the sound sort of overloads my "circuits", synapses, or something else and the music starts to aggravate me. Too much input, I guess.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wouldn't attribute fatigue to the electronics particularly (unless perhaps an insufficient amp being overdriven?) rather than the speakers/room/setup. I have a full set of the Studio 5 speakers (the 530s being rear surrounds), listen to them all the time, don't find them fatiguing at all myself.

Top Bottom