• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

trying to find dongle DAC with micro usb for tablet

KR500

I am trying unsuccessfully to find an affordable dongle dac/amp for my 2017 Samsung Android Tablet.
I won't be getting a new tablet with USB C until the end of the year; so I am trying to get something to use until then that is better than my 3.5 mm headphone jack.
The micro usb to USB C adaptors at Amazon are all for charging only, no other use
My desktop Schitt Modi 3+ has micro B, but am trying to have something small and portable.Thanks for any suggestions ?

nerdstrike

With my old Samsung tablet I used a micro usb type B to type A adapter and plugged the DAC in that way (as well as occasional other things like a memory stick or sd card reader, or Midi interface)

Mostly not worth the faff but it worked. I believe the default Android usb audio drivers are a bit rubbish, but there are apps that try to remedy that. Also don't expect anything that needs much power from the usb to work.

Now I use a type c to type a bender for the same purposes, such as connecting my much maligned dragonfly red. There are cheaper and better type A usb dongles

OP
KR500

KR500

Thanks Apesbrain and nerd strike for your posts.

I believe the default Android usb audio drivers are a bit rubbish, but there are apps that try to remedy that

good to know about that

Last edited:

cancunia

The LG HiFi plus dongle has good reviews & comes with a USB C to Micro USB cable IIRC.

cancunia

Top Bottom