• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 13 3.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 41 10.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 326 84.2%

• Total voters

jaguone

Did anyone get a shipping notice yet? Really looking forward to this IEM. Amir did an excellent job with this review.
Ordered on Saturday from amazon.se. Dispatched yesterday (Monday). Delivery June 1-13.

Reactions: GPJ

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Thread FYI. Several pages of off topic posts have been relocated to the below linked thread. Please take note of this and continue your conversations in the appropriate Thread. We don’t want or need all this off topic drama in our Official Review Thread.

Perhaps I'm an outlier but I find nearly all these IEF targets way too fatiguing/shouty around the 3k region, I don't understand the tuning of the Red as it looks almost the same the the original Zero, it still follows the Harman target way too much so what's the big reveal with the Reds, shouldn't it differentiate itself more from the original Zero?

Last edited:

crinacle

Reviewer
Perhaps I'm an outlier but I find nearly all these IEF targets way too fatiguing/shouty around the 3k region, I don't understand the tuning of the Red as it looks almost the same the the original Zero, it still follows the Harman target way too much so what's the big reveal with the Reds, shouldn't it differentiate itself more from the original Zero?

graph - 2023-05-24T002217.576.png

That looks a little better, using your comparison tool it wasn't differentiating itself as much as that, especially around the 3.5k region, I will give them a go purely to give me a reference point for this target at least, can always donate them to a friend, please consider taking a hatchet to the 3k region on the inevitable Blessing 3 Dusk, take inspiration from the SA6 tuning.

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
crin
@crinacle
Thank you for the massive support for the new Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED!

Due to overwhelming demand, our initial 1-week preorder period will have to be extended till 5th June as the factories try to keep up.

Big thanks to everyone who ordered, and enjoy them when they come!

We've actually delayed the launch of the Red by a couple of weeks to build up stock, but apparently we've severely underestimated demand and surpassed our initial allocated stock under 24 hours.

Oops.

Lunafag

With the drama I forgot it's even an IEM discussion thread. A well though out product with not much to blame. Like the inclusion of the impedance adapter, the one thing where there's a confirmed preference split is in the level of bass. A potentiometer in the cable would be a more elegant solution. I'd rather use Hexa as a base though. All it needs is a bass crossover tweak.

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
crin
@crinacle
Thank you for the massive support for the new Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED!

Due to overwhelming demand, our initial 1-week preorder period will have to be extended till 5th June as the factories try to keep up.

Big thanks to everyone who ordered, and enjoy them when they come!

We've actually delayed the launch of the Red by a couple of weeks to build up stock, but apparently we've severely underestimated demand and surpassed our initial allocated stock under 24 hours.

Oops.

I just got a notification that mine shipped. ETA June 12 - July 5

asrUser

I just got one and have been listening for a day.I would score its sound around 90,very very good on every aspect.
Trying different tips, cables, amps and burning-in will surely improve them.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I do feel my brain burning a bit. How long does it usually take? 100 hours?
Did you use a lighter or a candle to achieve that? :p:p:p:D

asrUser

He was talking about brain burn in.
Nah. Brain burn-in comes after longer use of certain headphones without rotating to other headphones. On the other hand the other type of burn-in can affect the initial impressions of headphones depending on the driver. I even realized burning-in (not brain burn-in) for many hours can make some headphones less fatiguing.

Last edited:

GoMrPickles

Forum Donor
I like the first version (but found them a touch bass-heavy); ordered a pair of these. Tough to beat this kind of value. I use memory foam tips almost exclusively, FWIW.

Thanks for your work, Amir.

HYQID

I do feel my brain burning a bit. How long does it usually take? 100 hours?
It took several hours in my case.There was a bit too much bass and I felt a bit dim at first,but now it has close-to-perfect tone.:cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom