• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 13 3.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 41 10.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 326 84.2%

• Total voters

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
A sad poem:

I love IEMs
been buying them for more than 15 years
I wish I hadn't
I wish I started
in glorious 2022/2023
because I spent so much money
on crap
in the IEM dark ages
I hate head-fi
I love saving money
because I'm Dutch

The end
Not a so sad poem
I don't care IEM
Never got any pair
Til Amir measured Truthear
So in 2023
Got one pair for my loved spouse
And another for me
because it's so cheap

Thomas D.

I’m sorry @amirm the review appears confusing to me.

I understand that you first had an inline resistor engaged in your measurement chain that boots bass (red curve) :
« there is an inline resistor which reduces sensitivity some but effectively boosts bass »

Then you removed this inline resistor after having discovered it. And measured the IEM again to get the green curve showing less bass.

In your conclusion :
« […] wrong target which showed great matching with target in bass. […] »
Does that mean the curve I’ll get after purchasing the IEM will be the green one with less bass ?

I was way more interested in getting the red curve out of the box because I haven’t found a neat solution to EQ Spotify on iOS.

What resistor value and where do I have to put this inline resistor to get this nice red curve ?

Thanks for enlightening me.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I ordered a pair yesterday. I did swear after my Hexa had an issue with filters I wouldn't buy TE again but at that price I will take the gamble.
I am tempted because of the lower distortion. Voluntary fasting is great for health and longevity. I will soothe the pangs of hunger by listening to these outstanding value IEM.
nervous-sweating-sweating-bullets.gif

Please Amir, could you stop testing things that I then feel like buying?
sweating-nervous.gif

Yep..

I don't even use IEM much...

jul-juld.gif

Ordered.... Have to wait until July according to Amazon ... since I have no need for another IEM... It won't be hard..

I am weak,

Peace.

MyCuriosity

I have the crinacle zero which is a fine IEM especially for this price but to manage expectations is nowhere near expensive IEMs like my Sony IER-Z1R

LearningToSmile

The low distortion is impressive. I might be tempted to pick them up down the line, even though out of the box the response is a bit too similar to stuff I already have.
But slap an even higher ohm impedance adapter and possibly you get a stealth basshead IEM without getting the distortion out of control.
Good job @crinacle !

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
When they are available to Australia, I'm getting a pair, every time I plug the zero's in my ear it is just a thrill.

Good on you Crinacle, good on you Amir!
Yep, waiting too until on Bezos.au

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
I’m sorry @amirm the review appears confusing to me.

I understand that you first had an inline resistor engaged in your measurement chain that boots bass (red curve) :
« there is an inline resistor which reduces sensitivity some but effectively boosts bass »

Then you removed this inline resistor after having discovered it. And measured the IEM again to get the green curve showing less bass.

In your conclusion :
« […] wrong target which showed great matching with target in bass. […] »
Does that mean the curve I’ll get after purchasing the IEM will be the green one with less bass ?

I was way more interested in getting the red curve out of the box because I haven’t found a neat solution to EQ Spotify on iOS.

What resistor value and where do I have to put this inline resistor to get this nice red curve ?

Thanks for enlightening me.

Maybe the video could help :

Chester

I ordered a pair yesterday. I did swear after my Hexa had an issue with filters I wouldn't buy TE again but at that price I will take the gamble.

You’re in the UK aren’t you @Jimbob54 ? Where did you order from? I looked on Amazon but they weren’t listed.

Thanks

Reactions: ENG

jaguone

Just ordered from amzn here in Sweden. ETA June 1 - June 13 from Shenzhenaudio.

raif71

Major Contributor
You’re in the UK aren’t you @Jimbob54 ? Where did you order from? I looked on Amazon but they weren’t listed.

Thanks
Here in my country, I don't use Amazon but a local online vendor similar to Amazon. They didn't have the original Truthear Zero too when it was announced but a few months later I could see it on this local online vendor. I would say the same with Amazon...perhaps just wait awhile.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
If I did not already have the blues, I would be purchasing these. The blues, with the right tips, are excellent.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now going to sleep..... :)
You must prefer working the "evening shift" lately... going to sleep in the wee hours.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This IEM is worth the buy just based on the stupendously low distortion and performance to price index. (I encourage the emptying of your wallets for this). :p:p

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
watched the video and Crin was so entertaining I went to Shenzenaudio and bought a pair.

Top Bottom