• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 13 3.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 326 84.5%

• Total voters

lazarian

May 20, 2023 01:15AM local time according to Shenzenaudio records.
Oh wow, yeah super fast. So they clearly had a huuuuge number of orders in the opening few hours. Fingers crossed something in next week or two for more stock.

BillG

Major Contributor
Istn't it the best case to have an IEM already that close to the target that it doesn't need EQ? So I would think it would be ideal to have a target with really great approval and manufactorers providing IEMs coming close to.

This is always going to come into regardless of how well tuned an IEM:

"Generally speaking, the HRTF boosts frequencies from 2–5 kHz with a primary resonance of +17 dB at 2,700 Hz. But the response curve is more complex than a single bump, affects a broad frequency spectrum, and varies significantly from person to person."

Of note, I always have to knock down from ~1.5 KHz to ~6Khz by -2 to - 3dB or else the tonality is too biting for my taste.

lazarian

Just got dispatch notification! Of course they apparently put a Canada post tracking number on it... that might prove interesting seeing as I live in Australia.

Glen20

Just got dispatch notification! Of course they apparently put a Canada post tracking number on it... that might prove interesting seeing as I live in Australia.
so did mine earlier today
last order did it too. turned up fine to NZ

khensu

Ordered mine the next morning (5/20) at 8:30AM. Just got an email this morning that they've shipped, so they'll no doubt arrive while I'm on vacation.. lol

MacClintock

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This is always going to come into regardless of how well tuned an IEM:

"Generally speaking, the HRTF boosts frequencies from 2–5 kHz with a primary resonance of +17 dB at 2,700 Hz. But the response curve is more complex than a single bump, affects a broad frequency spectrum, and varies significantly from person to person."

Of note, I always have to knock down from ~1.5 KHz to ~6Khz by -2 to - 3dB or else the tonality is too biting for my taste.

Well, it should be possible to find an IEM with this knock down from ~1.5 KHz to ~6Khz by -2 to - 3dB already built into the frequency response.

Mookalafalas

Ordered a pair after reading review. They arrived today. My response: Holy Crap! I don't want to take them out. Rather regret all my other headphones. Using the gummy, malleable ear-nibs, and the noise-cancelling is better than my phones that actually have noise-cancelling. Perhaps this is just honey-moon period, but I don't think so. Thanks for the review, and recommendation.

F1308

Major Contributor
My turn...

Order received
May 21, 2023 04:48AM

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle ZERO: RED Dual Dynamic Drivers In-Ear Headphone

Order fulfilled
May 31, 2023

:):):):)

Reactions: GPJ

F1308

Major Contributor
I don't think you can EQ a headphone or IEM based on you "knowing" what an instrument sounds like or recording stuff on a smartphone (no idea how that last mechanism would work). You can't exactly know how a particular instrument for example is supposed to sound on a track because the artists & engineers will influence how it sounds and how it's laid down on the track (it's not the same every time), there can't be any references here for you to latch onto that will enable you to EQ a headphone. The best you can do is to EQ based on measurements (which theoretically gets you closer to an Anechoic Flat approximation (sort of)), and then to tweak the bass or overall tonality until it sounds balanced in spectrally dense music.

I know because I compose music.

Since I am the one placing sopranos, tenors, gongs, bells, harpsichords...stating every detail...then I can say if they actually sound as pretended or not.

Of course, everything will be relative to the original master equipment, but as time passes by I am approaching a near perfect reference, since others were previously discarded when failing to perform here or there, such as with profound tones from pipe organs or astounding sopranos not quite getting there...

In order to match the performance I get from the Zero I think one have to go north of 15000€ on loudspeaker monitors.

Let's see what the Red brings...

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I know because I compose music.

Since I am the one placing sopranos, tenors, gongs, bells, harpsichords...stating every detail...then I can say if they actually sound as pretended or not.

Of course, everything will be relative to the original master equipment, but as time passes by I am approaching a near perfect reference, since others were previously discarded when failing to perform here or there, such as with profound tones from pipe organs or astounding sopranos not quite getting there...

In order to match the performance I get from the Zero I think one have to go north of 15000€ on loudspeaker monitors.

Let's see what the Red brings...
Would you be so good as to share your EQ settings please? Appreciate your ears are not my ears but will be interesting to see what "real" looks/ sounds like to you.

F1308

Major Contributor
Would you be so good as to share your EQ settings please? Appreciate your ears are not my ears but will be interesting to see what "real" looks/ sounds like to you.
Not using any EQ...

So my EQ settings are flat.

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
Is there a cable with a mic which can be used with these?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there a cable with a mic which can be used with these?
Tripowin grace 2 pin should sort you. Id like the blocks between the barrel of the phone end connector and the raw pins to be a bit longer (recessed socket on earpiece) but I reckon it will work. Can't speak to mic quality though.

Linsoul Tripowin Grace Detachable Silver-plated Oxygen Free Copper OFC In Ear Earphone Cable with Microphone, 0.78mm 2Pin connector for Audiophile Replacement Cable (Tripowin Grace, 2PIN) https://amzn.eu/d/5XsWZCl

markanini

Major Contributor
Or Truthear Hola mic variant, for the nice cable.

proxy-image

Top Bottom