• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 495 82.2%

• Total voters

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These IEM's and the Qudelix 5K (together < € 200,-) give me a big smile on my music loving face. Prove to me that (mobile) listening to music does not have to be expensive.
I have (almost) decided to not visit this thread.
I have a pair of TCZ
Gifted several to friends.
... read this post and putting my money where my virtual mouth is...
I have ordered a Qudelix 5k, I should get it in a month or so... I know, weakness, but for the price and performance.. I am already smiling.

Not pleased. Not pleased
:D

Peace.

Peerke007

I have (almost) decided to not visit this thread.
I have a pair of TCZ
Gifted several to friends.
... read this post and putting my money where my virtual mouth is...
I have ordered a Qudelix 5k, I should get it in a month or so... I know, weakness, but for the price and performance.. I am already smiling.

Not pleased. Not pleased
:D

Peace.
I don't think you will have any regrets. I was surprised by the sound of the TCZ without de 5K. It is really good to my ears, but with the 5K you can tweak it to your own liking, which is a bonus for all who are not liking the Harman curve that much.
Start with the PEQ settings on page 71 and tweak to your liking.

Have fun.

Peerke007

Imo a phone, Usb audio player pro (6,49), iphone usb dongle (10,-), Truthear crinicle zero (50,-) is about as hifi as a 5000 euro hifi set can get.
Yes, agreed. The Qudelix 5K is just for fun, not a necessity. It helps also if one ear has different need for EQ than the other one.

I enjoy this simple setup without annoying the wife with too loud music and my bad taste :p. But when the wife is out, ...
A room filled with great music is different than just a head filled with great music.

Pauper

I have just bought these as my Soundmagic E11’s bit the dust.
Like some people on here I am finding them a bit too lively/shouty, but I’m listening to them plugged straight into my iPad’s mini Jack.
I don’t have any stored music but am signed up to Amazon HD. I would like to know if using a dongle or whatever would improve things?
Alternatively, could someone tell me how to employ some kind of eq to the output.

Many thanks

staticV3

Master Contributor
Like some people on here I am finding them a bit too lively/shouty, but I’m listening to them plugged straight into my iPad’s mini Jack.
I would like to know if using a dongle or whatever would improve things?
No. A dongle would not make them less shouty, unless you specifially search for an old or bad dongle with high output impedance.
Alternatively, could someone tell me how to employ some kind of eq to the output.
The Qudelix 5K is the best way to apply EQ to Amazon HD on iOS.

Last edited:

MyCuriosity

I have these and for the price are a solid buy. Technically not very competent but the tonality is ok. I say ok because I am don’t really like the Harman tuning and this one is very close to it. To me harman is a bit too bright

Pauper

I have these and for the price are a solid buy. Technically not very competent but the tonality is ok. I say ok because I am don’t really like the Harman tuning and this one is very close to it. To me harman is a bit too bright
Yep, that’s how I find them - otherwise ok

Pauper

No. A dongle would not make them less shouty, unless you specifially search for an old or bad dongle with high output impedance.

The Qudelix 5K is the best way to apply EQ to Amazon HD on iOS.
Thanks for your help

sejarzo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
AKG 371 with or without PEQ (prefer with but not fussed)
Hi-Fi Man H400i (2016) with or without PEQ (prefer with but not fussed)
Sennheiser HD6XX with or without (prefer with)

Those are exactly the same on-ears that I currently own. Seems to me if the TxCZ impresses you, I will find it quite enjoyable too!

Peerke007

Yes, T-600 are part of the 600 Series. Tx-600 would be the same size, but with a wax guard (or a 'TechDefender' as some loon in Comply's marketing department calls it).
Received the Comply T-600 today. They fit and the small version is comfortable to wear (I have (very) small ear canals).

Peerke007

Sorry, I don't know the answer, not sure what the "T" means. I'm not aware of any design variations on the 600, so if all you see is "T-600" that might be it. I checked the Comply web site today, searched for "truthear" in their compatibliity guide, and this IEM is now there and shows the 600 as orderable (doesn't have the "T").
Thanks Mr Goodbits. Just received them. They fit and are comfortable.

jtnorcal

The Truthear x Crinacle Zero IEM only one side worked and so I returned them and ordered Moondrop Aria, they are great sounding IEM's

Norv

Quick one, I've read this whole thread and have seen a lot of comments about comfort that don't seem specific to this iem, anyone not accustomed to iems who suffers itchy ear canals or discomfort, my experience has been that it gets waaaaay better with continued usage. I don't produce a lot of wax and suffered with itchy ears a few years ago when I discovered iems, hadn't used ear buds for more than an hour or two mowing the lawn until I discovered iems and trying to use them for more than an hour or so caused me incredible bouts of itching, changing tip type didn't help, after persistent use of fairly standard tips I can now go all day with no real issues except the odd tickle which I would get anyway.

I learned a lot about my particular ears scuba diving, they despise any attempts to interfere with their natural balance, poking anything in them causes issues, trying to clean them makes things worse (this may be different for heavy wax producers) and any oils, unguents or ointments is asking for trouble! the main thing you need to do is use a tip thats immediately comfortable and stick it out as long as you can, Ive sold some incredible iems I wish I hadn't due to itching and discomfort that's now a serious non issue for me. Sound preference can be dealt with a little later on when your ears have stopped protesting at being penetrated, then you will be able to tip roll for the sound you prefer.

With regards to the sound of this particular iem, its great, occasionally I hear a disconnection between the sub and lower bass and the rest of the curve but its not often and forgivable for 50 notes! otherwise they tick more happy boxes than sad ones.

Norv

So I spent some time comparing my Starfield to the Truth Zero, and that graph above simply does not represent what I hear. It goes to show that comparing graphs on that site is not always accurate. The Zero has so much more base than the Starfield anyone can hear that. Honestly I can't understand how anyone would think that the target curve used sounds anything like a real speaker with a good flat response. It simply doesn't. The target curve for the Zero has WAY too much bass. My Starfields are smaller, more comfortable, and sound more accurate than the Zero, which to me has a 3+db boost along the whole bass range to 500 db. The Truth Zero does have better clarity and much LESS distortion than the Starfield. So if you are going to EQ the Zero is better. But if you aren't going to EQ then the Starfield is better even at twice the price. If don't want heavy bass of the Zero then get the Salnotes Zero for $20. They sound most like the Starfield at 1/5 the cost. I'm going to return my Truth Zero. I found Aria snow edition has so little bass it got returned too. I'll keep my Starfield for home and my Salnotes Zero for traveling. I'd love to try the Blessing Dusk.
I have all those iem's the snow edition sounds great with eq, the lack of bass can be resolved, with eq and tip rolling i findthem fantastic

asrUser

You've got to be an M to insert those huge nozzles into your ears. :D

Quick one, I've read this whole thread and have seen a lot of comments about comfort that don't seem specific to this iem, anyone not accustomed to iems who suffers itchy ear canals or discomfort,
No that's not it. Even being accustomed to many IEMs the Zeros are still uncomfortable.

markanini

Major Contributor
Resolves GRAS RA0402 measurement is now on Kurins squig link:
I highly recommend the Auto EQ function. There's a number of targets to test it out with. I like Normative personally, it's like a Harman IE 2016 treble, with Harman IE 2019 bass.

Last edited:

Peerke007

You've got to be an M to insert those huge nozzles into your ears. :D

No that's not it. Even being accustomed to many IEMs the Zeros are still uncomfortable.
Well, not to me. I have small ear canals, but with the Comply 600 Small the Zero's are comfortable enough to last hours and hours in my ear. No problems here.

SiW

Just got these (with a balanced cable), Salnotes Zeros and Letshuoer S12 Pro.

These are a keeper :D

S12 Pro are too bass heavy (and I like bass) and lack sparkle.

Salnotes are 90% of these but not as comfortable after 1hr.

Thanks again Amir!

posvibes

I cannot explain why but the best set up subjectively for me is, either with the Truthear's plugged straight into my computer or better still into my Rednote 7 phone that is used strictly for playing Spotify. Through my Topping L30 HA and D30 DAC something seems to go amiss.

I can't volume match so I can't swear because in Peace turning the EQ settings on and off changes the pre-amp settings but i think @maikey1976's EQ is making a difference and I can't PEQ on the Rednote phone.

I think these image like crazy, I get less in the head sensation than with my HD6xx's for instance. I have been checking out Eno's very recent stuff and I doubt I have consciously listened to BE since my early 20's at that was on vinyl, but stuff like" Who gives a thought" and "let it in" are cinematic in grandeur and scope with these IEM's.

I'm kinda excited about these as you may tell.:D

Top Bottom