• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 493 82.2%

• Total voters

vco1

Would have loved to tell you all how great they are, But unfortunately, after a successful journey from China to The Netherlands, GLS managed to loose my Zeroes when they only had about 30mls to go to get to my ears.
Hope one of the GLS employees likes them. :mad:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi.

I found the TCZ on the bright side. On first hearing as a matter of fact. The bright character, becomes more prominent after any session with my EQ'd headphones, HifiMan HE6SE or my speakers, The TCZ greatest appeal to me however, remains the simplicity . Plug it to a portable and sound is glorious , if bright; bass is good IMO, not overdone. Speaking for myself here: I can tolerate this deviation from neutrality.

Peace.

Last edited:

oceansize

Forum Donor
Would have loved to tell you all how great they are, But unfortunately, after a successful journey from China to The Netherlands, GLS managed to loose my Zeroes when they only had about 30mls to go to get to my ears.
Hope one of the GLS employees likes them. :mad:
Ugh! The joys of AliExpress? I'll not bore you with details of my experiences with buying there! Are you insured/covered in any way? You'll be receiving your IEMs, even though delayed?

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ugh! The joys of AliExpress? I'll not bore you with details of my experiences with buying there! Are you insured/covered in any way? You'll be receiving your IEMs, even though delayed?
My experiences with Ali has been 99% positive, they are huge in Brazil. If the product doesnt arrive, they return the money no problem.

julian_hughes

My experiences with Ali has been 99% positive, they are huge in Brazil. If the product doesnt arrive, they return the money no problem.
Same here. I'm in UK and have been using aliexpress since 2018. I've bought hundreds of items from things which cost pennies through to Moondrop Kato, dacs and amplifiers, PC and laptop components and accessories, kitchen and home accessories and all sorts. I've only had a handful of issues and never had a problem that wasn't resolved quickly and in my favour.

PGAMiami

Today I put my Thieaudio Monarch MkII for sale. I'll keep these ones.
I reached the opposite conclusion and I much prefer the Monarch Mk2, but given how much the sound changes on both of these just by changing the tips, I can see why it’s easy to prefer one or other. Also, for the same reason I’m not putting much weight on the IEM FR measurements. I think the measurements can help narrow down the field, but beyond that, you just need to listen and be willing to try a few tips before making a decision. The Truthear are a true engineering and manufacturing marvel. They sound very good, and for the price they are astonishing. The evening I got the Truthear I spent hours listening in amazement. But for me the Monarch just sound better, uncompressed and detailed, across the entire FR spectrum at a level that‘s beyond what I hear on the Truthear. And for 20x the price, they should sound better. But it’s not 20x better.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Also, for the same reason I’m not putting much weight on the IEM FR measurements. I think the measurements can help narrow down the field, but beyond that, you just need to listen and be willing to try a few tips before making a decision.
There is definitely a margin of error with the measurements, particularly in the high frequencies. For example, we all see an 8 kHz resonance, but these don't insert very deep, so it's actually between 7.0-7.5 kHz. Also, they show a dip after 10 kHz, but there's actually a bright spot north of 10.5. I'm actually considering removing my filter there because it's a little too much.

I believe what we see below 7 kHz is pretty accurate.

vco1

Bought from Shenzenaudio. But it's not them. It's solely GLS, the local (last mile) distributor. Parcel arrived with no issues in the country of destination. And from there at the final hub. It got scanned there. And that was it. Not a single sign of life since then.
GLS told me the sender should ask for an investigation. So I informed Shenzhenaudio about this.
I know this happens every now and then (until now not with me though). And still it annoys me.

Last edited:

delta76

Major Contributor
Aliexpress is actually quite reputable - their margin is good, so they want you to come back for more. Except long shipping time, I have always received the items I ordered.

The quality of the items is another matter, but that's beside the point

oceansize

Forum Donor
Bought from Shenzenaudio. But it's not them. It's solely GLS, the local (last mile) distributor. Parcel arrived with no issues in the country of destination. And from there at the final hub. It got scanned there. And that was it. Not a single sign of life since then.
GLS told me the sender should ask for an investigation. So I informed Shenzhenaudio about this.
I know this happens every now and then (until now not with me though). And still it annoys me.
Okay, got it. I hope things get resolved quickly and you receive your IEMs.

Puzzle

Bought this in 10 mins after reading the review... and that's the last pair on Amazon!

Gonna compare it with my n5005 and ue900

AndreaT

Forum Donor
I am happy to report they are currently 15% discounted on Amazon. After a few hours of rediscovery of old classics (Harvest, If I Could Only Remember My Name, Deja Vu) from the West Coast 1970’s, an added benefit of these Truthear is to be revealing but never harsh with analog master sources. The harmony of voices is never sibilant, the electric guitars fuzzed the right amount. On a comparo with the Fiio IEM tested by Amir (at six times higher price) the Truthear here reviewed are indeed superior in the pleasure I feel listening from these old recordings. FLAC files, Topping M50, E50 and L30 II chain. The M50 btw allows me to play a large collection of my FLAC files (still working of transferring more than 12,000 files as this seems to be, so far, the limit from the SSD 4TB unit attached to the M50) stored on my nightstand. I ordered a second pair of Truthear w discount tonight.

Cote Dazur

The Truthear are a true engineering and manufacturing marvel. They sound very good, and for the price they are astonishing. The evening I got the Truthear I spent hours listening in amazement.
They are not astonishing for the price, they are astonishing. Full stop!
I have had those for a while now and still spend hours in amazement, listening to music, like rarely, if ever, for the last 50 years.
And for 20x the price, they should sound better
If only! If spending more was the solution, particularly for head phones. You know it is not that simple and those Truthear makes it so obvious and so easy to verify.

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
I am happy to report they are currently 15% discounted on Amazon. After a few hours of rediscovery of old classics (Harvest, If I Could Only Remember My Name, Deja Vu) from the West Coast 1970’s, an added benefit of these Truthear is to be revealing but never harsh with analog master sources. The harmony of voices is never sibilant, the electric guitars fuzzed the right amount. On a comparo with the Fiio IEM tested by Amir (at six times higher price) the Truthear here reviewed are indeed superior in the pleasure I feel listening from these old recordings. FLAC files, Topping M50, E50 and L30 II chain. The M50 btw allows me to play a large collection of my FLAC files (still working of transferring more than 12,000 files as this seems to be, so far, the limit from the SSD 4TB unit attached to the M50) stored on my nightstand. I ordered a second pair of Truthear w discount tonight.
Thanks to you Andrea, my set should arrive today, for the princely sum of 42 Quid! Will look forward to comparing them to the sensational Moondrop Chu's, I already have.

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
Arrived, tips selected and rocking!
Aurora "Tule Vertaan". Where can this amazing bass be coming from?
Most impressed. Not saying they are better than the Chu's just yet. :)

bithalver1

Same for Hungary. Ordering from chinese vendors since ~2005. Use paypal where you can for extra protection.

Top Bottom