• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 72 12.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 491 82.2%

• Total voters

GaryH

Major Contributor
In reference to custom fitted IEMs it's worth remembering that your body changes over time and that includes the ear and ear canal. What fits perfectly today might not fit well in 3 or 5 years. I mention this because custom fits are often extraordinarily expensive but have a limited useful lifespan.
Source? An audiologist (with a PhD in audiology) disagrees:
Regarding the ear canal changing shape over time. From an audiologist perspective, that really isn't an issue beyond the age of around 17-18 years old, as the bones/anatomy of the head is essentially fully developed by that age. That being said, 3/4 of the ear canal, is comprised of tissue, cartilage and fat. If say an individual was to undergo a massive weight loss, or a massive weight gain, then yes, the ear canal in theory, could change in shape to some degree. I have only seen this happen twice in about 15 years, one of the individuals had undergone a 100 lb weight loss.

Last edited:

DanielT

Major Contributor
In reference to custom fitted IEMs it's worth remembering that your body changes over time and that includes the ear and ear canal. What fits perfectly today might not fit well in 3 or 5 years. I mention this because custom fits are often extraordinarily expensive but have a limited useful lifespan. And there is a zero chance of being able to sell them if you no longer like them.
It was perhaps this with the ears that you mean:

Screenshot_2022-10-12_212742.jpg

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
He didn't completely disagree, he offered a qualification. Weight gain in middle age is perfectly normal, I can assure you. I am *much* heavier in my mid 50s than I was in my mid 30s when I started using IEMs. Medium size tips used to be fine. Now I need larger ones. Sometimes I buy ones which are larger than the largest ones that came with an IEM. And we can't see the future. Aged 35 if someone had told me I would undergo a long period of ill health and not always be lean and strong and fit and I would not have believed it. Shit happens. In twenty years of being interested in IEMs and headphones I've seen enough posts by people who find they changed and their customs are no longer a good fit. It's something to consider when you buy them, because they are not cheap and they have no resale value. If you're 20 or 30 it will probably be fine. If you're approaching middle age then your body will be going through changes, healthy or no.

Emlin

It was perhaps this with the ears that you mean:

View attachment 236788

Just use the ignore feature, I've been ignoring him for a long time and it feels really good! And my nose didn't grow when I said that.

Rzezniq

Quick question. Do your Truthear IEMs suffer from rubber tips getting stretched and basically falling off the nozzles? Mine seem to do it after about 2 weeks of use? They no longer stay on the nozzles when I take the IEMs out of my ear canal.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

TO the cognoscenti:

What tips to use for the TCZ? I understand that it is difficult to find a one-size-fit-all for those. I need a starting point for example, something like these that would fit the TCZ.. and doesn't break the bank .. either:
619JdoumiKL._AC_SX679_.jpg

A set with at least 10-tips for <$30.oo??

Intellectually , I want to remain under $100.oo.. Apple dongle included...

After several hours of wearing the TCZ, I have'had to adjust the fit.. and there is a slight strain on my Tragus :cool: . I don't want to risk infection so ..IEM off for now or better tip later..

I had to search to know the names of the different components of the ear lobes ..
See, what Audio brings to people:? General culture :D
helix.jpg

Peace

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

TO the cognoscenti:

What tips to use for the TCZ? I understand that it is difficult to find a one-size-fit-all for those. I need a starting point for example, something like these that would fit the TCZ.. and doesn't break the bank .. either:
619JdoumiKL._AC_SX679_.jpg

A set with at least 10-tips for <$30.oo??

Intellectually , I want to remain under $100.oo.. Apple dongle included...

After several hours of wearing the TCZ, I have'had to adjust the fit.. and there is a slight strain on my Tragus :cool: . I don't want to risk infection so ..IEM off for now or better tip later..

I had to search to know the names of the different components of the ear lobes ..
See what Audio bring to people:? General culture :D
helix.jpg

Peace
First and foremost- do you want to use foam tips or silicon. Once you have that out of the way you can start looking at variety of styles/ fit.

Tell us which of the stock tips is best for you, even in none are perfect. I dont like foams - others swear by- but that is a preference for me.

Mixed size packs are a blessing for people experimenting but after a while , you realise you waste money by getting sizes at one or the other extreme you will never use. I tend to take a M or a L so any S tips are wasted on me.

For my money- and for these IEM I would decide if you are a S/M or M/L user on the stock tips then order a pair of each of the (silicon) Spinfit 155 in those sizes. For the TCZ I actually take a M in one ear and L in the other! Many Aliexpress/ Ebay sellers break them down into single pair packs.

RHO

Major Contributor

Berkut

Juste got mine Yesterday. Hooked up on the RME on my desk, on my DAP on the go, on my dac at work. Everywhere, juste brilliant + no fear of it being stolen like it's SHURE $900+ sibling I was considering...would need to listen to that one though....

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Any cables you could swap first?

(not that a cable fail is much better from a QC angle- but its an easier fix)
I don't have spare cables but I swapped the ear pieces around on the same cable. The fault occurs on the same earpiece irrespective of which channel it's plugged into, and likewise fault free one remains fault free. I take this to mean that the ear piece has failed. I'm corresponding with shenzhen audio about a return.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't have spare cables but I swapped the ear pieces around on the same cable. The fault occurs on the same earpiece irrespective of which channel it's plugged into, and likewise fault free one remains fault free. I take this to mean that the ear piece has failed. I'm corresponding with shenzhen audio about a return.
Good luck. Hopefully you get sorted and it's a rare occurrence.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For anyone looking for foam tips that fit and don't require power tools to install-I present the Comply Sport Pro size 600 L. Not only do they fit on the large nozzles the rubber is much better quality than the other foam tips I'd been buying. They seal very well, are comfortable and as a bonus they also fit the Blessing 2.

Attachments

• 20221013_215513.jpg
    20221013_215513.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 110

Cote Dazur

For anyone looking for foam tips that fit and don't require power tools to install-I present the Comply Sport Pro size 600 L. Not only do they fit on the large nozzles the rubber is much better quality than the other foam tips I'd been buying. They seal very well, are comfortable and as a bonus they also fit the Blessing 2.
The product description says: "
  • With 50% longer length than standard eartips, engineered to create a custom, deeper in-ear fit for maximum noise isolation and a superior audio experience with enhanced bass."
what is your experience with those, is it changing the way the zero sound?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The product description says: "
  • With 50% longer length than standard eartips, engineered to create a custom, deeper in-ear fit for maximum noise isolation and a superior audio experience with enhanced bass."
what is your experience with those, is it changing the way the zero sound?
I have to say there may be some truth to that claim-compared to the other memory foam tips I've been using these seem to isolate better and emphasize bass but when comparing these IEMs w/ the Blessing 2 I did prefer the less bloated bass of the B2. With the other foam tips there wasn't much difference between the IEMs in terms of bass output.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I noticed that the Comply 600 series also fit the Cambridge Audio Melomania. I can get 5 pairs of Cambridge Audio's memory foam tips for £10 in the UK...

We'll see if they fit the Truthears tomorrow.

FYI - 3 pairs of Comply T-600 are around £16 in the UK, so the Cambridge Audio tips will be a bargain if the fit.

julian_hughes

I noticed that the Comply 600 series also fit the Cambridge Audio Melomania. I can get 5 pairs of Cambridge Audio's memory foam tips for £10 in the UK...

FYI - 3 pairs of Comply T-600 are around £16 in the UK, so the Cambridge Audio tips will be a bargain if the fit.
I'd love to know how you get on. If those Cambridge Audio tips are the right fit and any good then that is an excellent price for us in UK, cheaper than buying generics from aliexpress.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I'd love to know how you get on. If those Cambridge Audio tips are the right fit and any good then that is an excellent price for us in UK, cheaper than buying generics from aliexpress.

Hi

They are also available on Amazon US..

Cambridge Audio Replacement Tips for Melomania 1 and 1+ True Wireless in-Ear Earbuds (Mixed, Mixed)

613gkQvL5UL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I am thus, officially interested...

Peace

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

The nozzle on the Melomania is quite fat, so I think they will...

Cambridge-Audio-Melomania-1_10.jpg

An answer to a question regarding sizing of the memory foam tips on Amazon UK suggested that the tips will fit nozzles between 5.5mm and 6.5mm. the largest part of the nozzle on the Truthears is 6mm according to my digital callipers.

On the other hand, I tried SonicFoam SF1 tips, which claim to fit 5.8mm to 6.5mm nozzles, and they would not fit on the Truthears.

Despite them not fitting the Zero's, I kept them because they seem well made and they do fit on my Moondrop Starfields and MEEAudio Pinnacle P1's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom