• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 493 82.2%

• Total voters

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The box needs more mention than the FR

zero2.jpg
Ha, that's what the Virgo option was on Amazon, you get a figurine too.....well I'm glad I didn't spend extra for that.....it is some bold box design though!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hey, I've got a question. Why the target curves for these and the Fiio FD5 are different?

View attachment 230873View attachment 230874
Took you guys a while to catch this. :)

After careful listening tests of last few IEMs, I realized if I boost the hump on top right, it doesn't sound right. So I decided to go with the new curve that doesn't have that peak. I will be using this from now on.

Kevbaz

I just got an email that these have despatched, although I wish there was a faster shipping option for these on Amazon, Im having to wait two weeks for these o_O
Kev

Music1969

Major Contributor
This is nuts performance (good thing).

Question is - is it representative of random sample

This one was sent in by Crinacle or company

Is every IEM measured for frequency response compliance during QA/QC @crinacle ?

Last edited:

DanielT

Major Contributor
Do we know if there will be duty and or VAT to pay on these? (Plus shippers processing fee)?

£50 is an impulse buy £70 not so much.
Order from China via Amazon. To EU countries. No additional costs. See #101 and this:

But bought via Amazon.se:
(translated text)

"Ships from
SHENZHEN AUDIO
Sold by
SHENZHEN AUDIO"

"Amazon:
Customs and import charges that may apply for deliveries from abroad
Customs or import charges may apply for deliveries from countries outside the European Union when the shipment reaches your country.

If you place an order to a delivery address within Sweden, the seller is responsible for customs or import charges."

But I know that England is not in the EU these days so, well you can investigate.

Kevbaz

This is nuts performance (good thing).

Question is - is it representative of random sample

This one was sent in by Crinacle.

Is every IEM measured for frequency response compliance during QA/QC @crinacle ?
There is a youtube video Crinacle did where he suggested he tested a bunch of random samples to see how QC/QA was and from the measurements on his site it looks pretty consistent. Assuming they were indeed a random selection.
Kev

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Took you guys a while to catch this. :)

After careful listening tests of last few IEMs, I realized if I boost the hump on top right, it doesn't sound right. So I decided to go with the new curve that doesn't have that peak. I will be using this from now on.
So you're using Harman IEM 2019 v2? I've tried to do a google on this but didn't come up with much - do you have a pic overlapping the different versions of the Harman IEM targets and show the one you're using before vs the one you're using now? (Just to have a proper easy reference for the differences)

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Typically I find most headphones/earphones lacking on the very low end, the area that makes the blast beats in Extreme Metal what they are. Any musicians that tunes very, very low (Meshuggah, Evoken, early Morbid Angel...) or tightens the drum a lot, typically gets extremelly low. That is subwoofer territory, and if an IEM can do it, it´s an automatic buy.

Now the issue is finding a wireless system. What do you guys recommend? Fiio UTWS 5? TRN BT30?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hey, I've got a question. Why the target curves for these and the Fiio FD5 are different?
Here's more about the two target curves:
@Robbo99999 IE2017-1 vs 2019v2 overlaid as well

DSJR

Major Contributor
Sadly no good for me without masses of (guessed) eq, but so glad a reference iem can be got for fifty quid in the UK now via Amazon and even if you prefer more 'characterful' tonality, I'd say it's well worth having a pair as a reference as suggested.

As for the negative reviews, may I suggest it's because most conventional headphones have peaks and dips up top which wearers get accustomed to. In the past, I adapted quickly to the wayward hf response of my Sennheiser HD25SP with a sharp dip followed by a 9khz or so 'sparkle' which is wrong, but not unpleasant subjectively. lay people ignorant of what it should be like, would react negatively I suspect..

Grado's have been popular in the Uk for some decades now and I just saw this review here of the cheaper ones -

I haven't got into the ear-pad upgrades that are an audiophile thing with this brand's lower models (and the hf eq of the stock type would suit me now), but imagine coming to the Crinacle iems after living with the hf eq of a lower caste Grado for a few years! No wonder some complain of a lack of 'air' as stated earlier...

olivier salad

Most people here probably use iphones, so it's not possible to use Wavelet and squig.link measurements, but if you use android it's kinda pointless to spend money on new iems when you can eq stuff that you already own and get the same results

ToriCatcher

Most people here probably use iphones, so it's not possible to use Wavelet and squig.link measurements, but if you use android it's kinda pointless to spend money on new iems when you can eq stuff that you already own and get the same results
As an Android user who's unfamiliar with Wavelet, is it really delicate enough to allow imitating different IEMs?

oscar_dziki

I'm exactly on the same situation, but I hope that bad feeling will stop I give them to her when they arrive. I just want to try them really to decide whether IEMs are for me or not. She's the one that really uses IEMs intensively. :)
I can't do the same thing. My wife has an extremely narrow ear entry. The only iems that were fitting her were audeo pfe 012.

carlcamper

As an Android user who's unfamiliar with Wavelet, is it really delicate enough to allow imitating different IEMs?
Poweramp Equalizer is another good Android option, which can now support importing PEQ from text files :)

RHO

Major Contributor
The nozzle side is 6.8mm.
That would already be great for me.
How is the length of the nozzle, lets say, compared to the Blessing 2? I have issues with keeping IEMs with shorter nozzles in my ears (Moondrop Chu, Aria).

olivier salad

If you believe in Harman research it's not possible to tell apart 2 different headphones eq'd to the same curve. There are obviously exceptions like distortion at high volumes

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Way to much base boost for me. Best tonality IMHO have Sennheiser HD560S
Sure might be, but we are trying to avoid discussing individual preferences and tastes. It is futile like arguing if Pepsi or Coke is better or if Chocolate or Vanilla is better. All just a matter of taste isn’t it?

Top Bottom