• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 493 82.2%

• Total voters

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
FYI, aside from the 3 pairs of silicone tips, it comes with a single pair of foam tips, which I use. I find it helps seal in the bass more, although the highs get a little tamer.
That's probably okay since these have a little extra treble as measured with the silicone tips.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How large are the shells?

I own the Moondrop Starfield, and I love their sound for the price (~$110). However, the shell is on the larger side for my ears and pushes on my “helix crus” and it gets uncomfortable after a few songs.

I have to usually use traditional earphone shapes (I used the in-ear 1More Triple Driver for years) instead of IEM shapes because of this.

Gross-photograph-of-the-patient-shows-A-auricular-pit-on-right-middle-area-on-the-crus_Q320.jpg

EDIT: It’s just $50, I bought them.

Last edited:

DavidMcRoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
They sound amazing, and not just for £50. I'm using dongle DAC E1DA9038D from my phone and it is better driven than via the headphone socket.
Compared to my Etymotic ER2SE, they have a preferred sound, but lack those finer details. Will keep them for different sessions particularly when out, or not intensive analytic listening. Prefer the sound of the Truthear.
I have the same DAC and Etymōtic IEMs.

vkvedam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well I have the Moondrop Starfields. They were a revelation to my ears compared to my then beloved Shure SE535s (Still have them as they are custom shelled). These are tempting but looking at the subtleties from Crinacle graph comparison I am contemplating...
graph.png

SHENZHENAUDIO

Dealer
How large are the shells?

I own the Moondrop Starfield, and I love their sound for the price (~$110). However, the shell is on the larger side for my ears and pushes on my “helix crus” and it gets uncomfortable after a few songs.

I have to usually use traditional earphone shapes (I used the in-ear 1More Triple Driver for years) instead of IEM shapes because of this.

Gross-photograph-of-the-patient-shows-A-auricular-pit-on-right-middle-area-on-the-crus_Q320.jpg
The nozzle side is 6.8mm.

ToriCatcher

I think there is some room left to excel in playing louder with less distortion. it is my theory anyway. :)
Thanks for the review, they definitely are enticing to try.
Would you say your only reservation, compared to any other IEM is that distortion on very high levels?

oscar_dziki

Lol, just bought them used a few hours locally for 40 bucks :D I will put some notes when they come tomorrow. Damn, that was fast. I will compare them with my all-time favorites from BLON. BTW, please someone in US send BLONs for ASR testing,

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
People say the Fiio FD5 are very detailed, I guess because of the peak between 4 and 7kHz. So I guess that by applying a similar peak on these detail will improve... et voilà.

Kevbaz

Thanks for the review, they definitely are enticing to try.
Would you say your only reservation, compared to any other IEM is that distortion on very high levels?
Would be interesting what Amir would choose between these and the FiiO FD5

DanielT

Major Contributor
I say and do like several others in the thread: Wow..., ordered, ...damn I wouldn't buy more HiFi this year,... good price, ...impulse purchase.
In any case. Good job Amir, tests and measurements. :) These were a fun surprise!

I don't actually have any IEMs. I'm not a headphone guy as such, but the price of these, the performance, I couldn't resist. Fun to test.:)
An impulse buy so I forgot to check if they are available in different sizes, but on the other hand I don't know the size of my ears, ear canals.But it's probably a standard size and then you can put different plugs/tips in them, can I guess? It should come with a few different plugs in the purchase, perhaps? I really didn't research this a shit before ordering I see now, he he. It will be what it will be.:)

"Ships from
SHENZHEN AUDIO
Sold by
SHENZHEN AUDIO"

But bought via Amazon.se

Let's see how it works with this then:

"Amazon:
Customs and import charges that may apply for deliveries from abroad
Customs or import charges may apply for deliveries from countries outside the European Union when the shipment reaches your country.

If you place an order to a delivery address within Sweden, the seller is responsible for customs or import charges."

If there is any extra charges sent to me afterwards or not?! Tax payment from customs authorities sent to me that is. Which it, if I understood correctly, should not be. Okay maybe $10-12 extra in that case, not the whole world but right should be right anyway, I think.:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom