• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 493 82.2%

• Total voters

tawsi

Mine stopped working, the right dynamic driver of 10mm stopped working, I'm so sad, I just used them for a little more than 1 month, I hesitate to rebuy a pair or buy the tangzu waner for cheaper... man, I will miss the bass of the crinacle truth hear zero

SuicideSquid

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Mine stopped working, the right dynamic driver of 10mm stopped working, I'm so sad, I just used them for a little more than 1 month, I hesitate to rebuy a pair or buy the tangzu waner for cheaper... man, I will miss the bass of the crinacle truth hear zero
Where did you buy them? You should be able to get a warranty replacement if they died that fast.

tawsi

btw I contacted truthhear and explained the issue to them, I hope I will get a replacement soon, I'm consoling myself using the sennheiser HD-25 II, cause it kind of give me a similar feeling than IEM cause the headphones is pushing on the ears quite a lot and is closed back, and by this means there is so much detail retrieval in the music, reminding me of the truth hear zero, even though there is no real correlation between the two.

markanini

Major Contributor
btw I contacted truthhear and explained the issue to them, I hope I will get a replacement soon, I'm consoling myself using the sennheiser HD-25 II, cause it kind of give me a similar feeling than IEM cause the headphones is pushing on the ears quite a lot and is closed back, and by this means there is so much detail retrieval in the music, reminding me of the truth hear zero, even though there is no real correlation between the two.
Amazon should cover it, EU law mandates a two year guarantee for faulty goods. https://europa.eu/youreurope/busine...s-guarantees/consumer-guarantees/index_en.htm

asrUser

If the shipment was done by Amazon, you just need to contact the customer service. Usually you'll get a refund and can buy them again. It's not difficult.

posvibes

I have been listening very closely to
981058-Complete-Beethoven-Recordings.jpg
on the Crinacle Truthear Zero's for the last few days, glorious recordings and such a pleasure to listen to with these small wonderful IEM's.

Endgame for me.

In my experience IEM's make the soundstage larger for orchestral performances than headphones that tend to shrink them.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Picked up a pair of these and I'm using them OTG with my LG V 20. Primarily use it to play Qobuz playlists. I think they're very impressive. I adopted Maiky 76's Peq on USB Audio player running Morphit's Tonebooster PEQ, and with that they sound spot on to me. Without it, the vaunted bass actually seemed unimpressive, and the mids seemed recessed. Of course it's still a strictly headspace experience, but AFAIC, that's to be expected with any headphone/iem not running some sort of speaker virtualizer software. No microphonics to speak of from the cable, wide range of tips, and fitment seems good. I really like that the cable it over the ear as well. Just a great buy for $50. Think I'll stop buying IEMs now. Also nice to know if I forget these in a coffee shop, I won't feel like jumping off a bridge.

I would love to hear more abotu those that have the Kahn and the Zero. I really love the Zero, in fact it might be my favorite set even over the Ikko oh10s...I have enjoyed the tuning of Hbb collabs before and the Kahn seems to be really similar if not identical to the zero.

Blorg

I would love to hear more abotu those that have the Kahn and the Zero. I really love the Zero, in fact it might be my favorite set even over the Ikko oh10s...I have enjoyed the tuning of Hbb collabs before and the Kahn seems to be really similar if not identical to the zero.
It's the Zero with slightly more bass and the upper mid rise pushed back slightly, which makes it a bit less shouty/forward. Slightly- it's very similar. I prefer it over the Zero, although my Zero has channel imbalance with reduced bass on one side, so the Khan is more for me maybe than most. I think Hi-Fri did a teardown and they looked identical inside, both the drivers and the crossover.

1682306973914.png

tawsi

Hi everyone, just to let you know, I couldn't return my zeros so I just bought another pair, they're not so expensive so it's no a problem for me, but I suspect that it might have been my topping L30 who destroyed the driver on the right channel of my first pair of zero, I think next month I might be buying a new amp for my zeros, my dac is the gustard X16, any recommendations for a solid state amp who could match with my gustard dac which is very analytical and also match with the zero's in terms of impedance output ? I thought about the topping L50 or L30 II ?

Blorg

Hi everyone, just to let you know, I couldn't return my zeros so I just bought another pair, they're not so expensive so it's no a problem for me, but I suspect that it might have been my topping L30 who destroyed the driver on the right channel of my first pair of zero, I think next month I might be buying a new amp for my zeros, my dac is the gustard X16, any recommendations for a solid state amp who could match with my gustard dac which is very analytical and also match with the zero's in terms of impedance output ? I thought about the topping L50 or L30 II ?
I have a Topping A90 but use dongles for IEMs. Truthear Shio, Moondrop Dawn are good options. It's an IEM, it doesn't need a high power headphone amp.

Blorg

Gustard X16 was the second best measuring DAC of all time when Amir reviewed it, so descriptors like "analytical" or "detailed" seem reasonable. L fast filter is also the most linear, with no audible attenuation of the treble, and Amir recommended the L-Fast filter over the default M slow filter in his review of the thing.

index.php

Top Bottom