• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 495 82.2%

• Total voters

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The tips aren't a good fit and compress in you ear canals.
Lately the new IEMs I bought were all sounding a bit weird, a bit congested to me no matter how much I tried to pull low-mids down, play with EQ in all kinds of ways. After reading your comment, I tried all of them with smaller tips and voila! - they all sound a lot better now (except for Hola, which is the main reason I had this problem in this first place I think) Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Last edited:

shadow244

I think I got a bad pair or something. They were unbearably bright for me to the point of physical pain at my normal listening levels. Used Fiio E07k dac/amp and had same experience with phone and laptop jack. Even EQing -10dB treble on the Fiio they still felt bright.
Bass was incredible; especially once getting the eartip fitting dialed in.
I usually use Massdrop HD650s. I felt like my ear physically relaxed when I put those back on after 30 mins of the Zero's. I returned them...

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey Everyone, I just lost one of the ear tips that fit my ear, what are my options?

I'm currently using Cambridge Audio Melomania tips (they are not a tight fit on the nozzles, but work for me): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XLTR4S4

SonicFoam SF0 will also fit (I will buy these arfter exhausting my supply of Melomania tips): https://www.amazon.co.uk/SONICFOAM-...s-SF0-Black-6-6-7-2mm-See-chart/dp/B0BJ394FJJ

You'll have to scan back through the thread to find out what others are using (iirc, Comply and SpinFit models have been mentioned)

jtnorcal

I ordered a new set of Truthear Crinacle Zero IEMs and only one side worked, I returned them and ordered Moondrop Aria. These are great sounding headphones for IEMs.

MrGoodbits

Forum Donor
Comply size 600 fits these. I emailed Comply a few weeks ago to request compatibility info since this IEM does not appear in their compatibility guide, and I had tried size 500 before and they were very hard to put on (but worked). Got email a couple days ago that Comply could confirm that their "600" size was compatible. Today I tried a set of size 600, they install quite easily and fit my ear well, like Comply generally does.

Peerke007

Thank you for this recommendation. Received them today and straight out of the box I like them. I had some old Westone IEM's, but had to try these for € 50,-. Much better and only 1/6 of the price of the Westones.

Search for the perfect tips is open now. I have very narrow ears, so small ones I need. I will try some silicone and some foam, see what i like best.

Peerke007

Comply size 600 fits these. I emailed Comply a few weeks ago to request compatibility info since this IEM does not appear in their compatibility guide, and I had tried size 500 before and they were very hard to put on (but worked). Got email a couple days ago that Comply could confirm that their "600" size was compatible. Today I tried a set of size 600, they install quite easily and fit my ear well, like Comply generally does.
Sorry to ask. New to this IEM. Is your Comply 600 the same as the Comply T-600? I can find the T-600 over here in the Netherlands (same supplier my wife uses for her costum fit IEM), but Comply 600 is not mentioned on their web shop. I can not find Comply 600 here, only T600.

MrGoodbits

Forum Donor
Sorry to ask. New to this IEM. Is your Comply 600 the same as the Comply T-600? I can find the T-600 over here in the Netherlands (same supplier my wife uses for her costum fit IEM), but Comply 600 is not mentioned on their web shop. I can not find Comply 600 here, only T600.
Sorry, I don't know the answer, not sure what the "T" means. I'm not aware of any design variations on the 600, so if all you see is "T-600" that might be it. I checked the Comply web site today, searched for "truthear" in their compatibliity guide, and this IEM is now there and shows the 600 as orderable (doesn't have the "T").

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Yes, T-600 are part of the 600 Series. Tx-600 would be the same size, but with a wax guard (or a 'TechDefender' as some loon in Comply's marketing department calls it).

MrGoodbits

Forum Donor
Sorry, I don't know the answer, not sure what the "T" means. I'm not aware of any design variations on the 600, so if all you see is "T-600" that might be it. I checked the Comply web site today, searched for "truthear" in their compatibliity guide, and this IEM is now there and shows the 600 as orderable (doesn't have the "T").
Went to the Comply site, selected The Netherlands in "Show Globally" and I see what you mean now, they show the T version, means "TechDefender" which is a little thin foam pad they stick on the end to keep out earwax.

Peerke007

Went to the Comply site, selected The Netherlands in "Show Globally" and I see what you mean now, they show the T version, means "TechDefender" which is a little thin foam pad they stick on the end to keep out earwax.
The Dutch shop that the Comply website is giving is HifiKlubben. I did not find them there. I ordered them here: https://audique.nl/product-category/comply-foam-tips/

Scroll a bit down and you see the T-600. They look different comparing the picture on the Comply website. Anyway, if 600 is the serie with the right size, these will fit probably. If not, I will ask the owner if he can order the 600 as shown on the website of Comply.

Thanks for your reply.

Peerke007

Yes, T-600 are part of the 600 Series. Tx-600 would be the same size, but with a wax guard (or a 'TechDefender' as some loon in Comply's marketing department calls it).
Thanks. A bit of a beginners search, but once I found the right ones, it will be easy.

Peerke007

By the way, the foam tips in the package is not to bad at all for now. I have applied the PEQ settings of Chromatischism (page 71) and tweaked them a bit. I like what I hear. Great buy for my old ears.

MrGoodbits

Forum Donor
By the way, the foam tips in the package is not to bad at all for now. I have applied the PEQ settings of Chromatischism (page 71) and tweaked them a bit. I like what I hear. Great buy for my old ears.
The foam tips in the package were a little too small for me. The Comply medium size is slightly larger, a better fit for me. Large size gives the most consistent seal against my ear canal, but is not comfortable. Yeah, I have old ears too. I finally had to start applying EQ on one side to get a good center image.

Googolbyte

Forum Donor
One of the things that I noticed that seem to align with Amirm's reviews of his listening tips is that the small hole max size tips definitely maximize the bass. I think that has more to do with the size of the hole rather than the "size" of the tips (size should really just be perfect for maintaining a seal). I think the smaller holes essential "choke" the sound and probably provide an affect of stronger bass. I tested with both the big hole and small hole variations and found that the tips are as essential as the DAC in order to get the desired effect.

Still, a harman curve IEM is teaching me LOADS about my own preferences, and this IEM definitely deserves strong recognition for providing the curve at this price point. The upper mids sound a little timbery but IDC, its $50, and its nothing EQ can't fix. I put a -2db in 4khz with the [large, small-hole] tips, along with a 10hz 1.25Q 10db peak because why tf not.

Peerke007

These IEM's and the Qudelix 5K (together < € 200,-) give me a big smile on my music loving face. Prove to me that (mobile) listening to music does not have to be expensive.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Now that AMD´s drivers for the soundcard do not send audio to the AVR, I have used the Truthear a looot more. These little guys are absolutely insane for the price. The capacity to reach low frequencies is quite, quite outstanding.

Sure, it´s not the experience you get with a multichannel system with propper speakers and subwoofer, but waiting for AMD to fix the drivers is not a pain.

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I bought some SonicFoam SF1 and with a little determination they do fit well on the Truthear. Just got to use your thumb and a bit of force. The advantage is that the same SF1 set also fits pretty much every other IEM I have except those with really narrow nozzles like Shure.

At the moment I have a pair on my Truthear Zero and a pair on my Moondrop Kato and these seem like really good memory foam tips. Massively cheaper than Comply and actually cheaper than proper memory foam tips from aliexpress (not cheaper than the plain foam ones naturally). A few years ago I tried INAIRS foam tips from amazon and they split and disintegrated in mere days, on occasion just pushing them onto the right size nozzle split them! The SonicFoams seem rather better and I'll update the thread after some real use as I noticed several people asking about good quality foams for the Truthears in this thread.
Turns out the SonicFoam tips are actually identical to the InAirs. Same price, same spec, same sizes, same tendency to fall apart in days. Quite possibly the same vendor with a different brand. The packaging seems identical except for the brand name too. Anyway after just a few days I've already had some whose inner tube came apart from the foam and ones where the foam just split and fell apart. Exactly what happened with InAirs. I stress that these were not the tips I'd forced on to the Truthears but ones that were fitted to an appropriately sized IEM nozzle (Moondrop Quarks). I'm going back to paying a bit more for better quality ones on aliexpress.

posvibes

I have a pair of these and it took a while before I could find a pair of tips that stayed in for the most part with ocassional but often pushing them in to maintain the seal with a minimum of discomfit.

I use them with the Crinacle PEQ although they are absolutely fine without this, the PEQ adds something but I'm not sure what I'd say refinement as a catchall term. So whether plugged into my PC listening to Spotify with Peace or straight into my phone the results are simply great.

I think I am becoming a headphone guy, I still enjoy my speakers, but for the obtainable volume, comfort, taking the room out of the equation, plus some great PEQ settings I really dig getting into the music with headfi, and despite the artificiality of the presentation (I listen with my eyes closed and see myself sitting in a dress circle balcony, or at a table in a club on the floor near the raised stage etc and it works for me.

These IEM's are spectacular

I can change up at anytime and my discrimination is probably lacking for what delineates good from great but at the moment I am enjoying the whole gamut.

AKG 371 with or without PEQ (prefer with but not fussed)
Hi-Fi Man H400i (2016) with or without PEQ (prefer with but not fussed)
Sennheiser HD6XX with or without (prefer with)
Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x Air with Crinacle PEQ (so good, so comfortable)

I gave up on my Stax Lambda ^'s after 40 years they seem to have given up the ghost with a channel imbalance on the right side and compared to any of the above they are a kind of weird sounding headphone, especially after listening to the Truth Hear IEM's.

Top Bottom