• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 493 82.2%

• Total voters

Hckd

Just another opinion for the pot.

My Zeros arrived a week ago, fortunately the comfort is top notch for me, they fit my ear as a glove (with the smallest tips). Been listening for hours with no problems so far.

Sound wise… Well… This is the first ever IEM (tried a few before) that really make me smile (specially because of the no need to EQ, because Apple Music) out of the box…

This may sound dumb… But every single time I put them on all I can think is that my HD800S and the HD650 (both EQd to Harman) just had a baby and he knows how to sing

Seriously they sound that good to me.

Last edited:

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just another opinion for the pot.

My Zeros arrived a week ago, fortunately the comfort is top notch for me, they fit my ear as a glove (with the smallest tips). Been listening for hours with no problems so far.

Sound wise… Well… This is the first ever IEM (tried a few before) that really make me smile (specially because of the no need to EQ, because Apple Music) out of the box…

This may sound dumb… But every single time I put them on all I can think is that my HD800S and the HD650 (both EQd to Hartman) just had a baby and he knows how to sing

Seriously they sound that good to me.
What music have you run with them?

Cote Dazur

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not really my experience with them… But it’s probably a YMMV kind of situation.
Not my experience either, for what it is worth. Great with all music, actually impressive in the way many recordings I was under the impression were a little off, are, with the Zero, quite excellent.
One nice aspect of the Zero is that they do not “need” any EQ to sound great, if you are in the majority of people who think the Harman sound to be quite enjoyable. If you are not, then I guess YMMV, as you are on your own. :)

Hckd

Not my experience either, for what it is worth. Great with all music, actually impressive in the way many recordings I was under the impression were a little off, are, with the Zero, quite excellent.
One nice aspect of the Zero is that they do not “need” any EQ to sound great, if you are in the majority of people who think the Harman sound to be quite enjoyable. If you are not, then I guess YMMV, as you are on your own. :)
Being able to compare it directly with the HD650 and the HD800S (both EQd to Harman) just made my jaw drop tbh… and still does.

It’s a 42€ IEM for god sake…

vco1

Don't know about Jazz, but rock and metal, two types of music especially sensitive of brightness, are unlistenable on these without EQ.
That was my initial opinion too. Until I started changing eartips that is. That made a huge difference.

So far I like them a lot. Haven't come across anything so far with such extension in the bass.

Speaking of which, are there any sub €/$ 1000 headphones that have a comparable sound signature?

vitalii427

Forum Donor
That was my initial opinion too. Until I started changing eartips that is. That made a huge difference.

So far I like them a lot. Haven't come across anything so far with such extension in the bass.

Speaking of which, are there any sub €/$ 1000 headphones that have a comparable sound signature?
According to FR charts Moondrop Variations and Thieaudio Monarch MKII will be the closest one with even more bass extension. Many other Moondrop iems would be close enough but with some differences from bass to lower midrange - starting from Moondrop Chu

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 6.01.16 PM.png

Last edited:

Vacceo

Major Contributor
A little bit of everything tbh…

From Jazz to rock, some metal, classic and pop in between.

They sound specially good with Fado (Portuguese traditional music).
Fado has a very deep slow mid tempo section full of "saudade". The bass on the Truthears is very fitting.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi jimbob54

The replacement tips arrived and, just as you suggested they are very comfortable and better than the originals.
Many thanks once again
Regards

Pegwill
Hurrah!

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor

Yes. Imho.

I just bought a set of the Fiio Crinacle FHE:Eclipse IEM’s and they certainly punch in the same weight class as these. Bonus they are smaller and have a smaller ear tip diameter making them much more comfortable to wear. I paid just shy of $120.00 USD. And before anyone asks I have fallen into the IEM rabbit hole and am trying to buy my way out. Over all the FHE’s are very nice. Deep sub bass and accept Eq while keeping distortion under control. Actually prefer these over the Zero’s.

I love the Zero sound quality but unfortunately for me the large ear tip becomes uncomfortable after a short period. Only discovered this after falling asleep while listening and woke up to sore ear holes.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

I tried to EQ the TCZ. I just re-did it a few minutes ago. It makes a substantial improvement. Gone is the brightness, replaced by great treble and the bass is now out of this world.
Without EQ.. the TCZ are good, very good, a bit bright, perhaps brittle but they remain good.
OTOH I have a HifiMan HE-6SEv2 headphones , when EQ, easily the best transducer I have experienced. Without EQ? Barely acceptable, I have written about this experience already , I am repeating it to make a point:
The TCZ are not perfect. No one claimed they were, but what they provide un-equalized is a piece of heaven. There are perhaps some headphones that can approach this level of performance without EQ: I did not find the the flimsy, cheap-looking and poor-built AKG K-371, so arresting, I'll dismiss it.. Or you must shell out over $3,000.oo to get there ... DCA Expanse or/and Stealth..
That you can get this level of performance for $50.oo... is the real value there. Almost Magical. Now if you need perfection, you can always EQ the TCZ, they can take it.

Peace.

Last edited:

vitalii427

Forum Donor
Hi

I tried to EQ the TCZ. I just redid it a few minutes ago. It makes a substantial improvement. Gone is the brightness, replaced by great treble and the bass is now out of this world.
Without EQ.. the TCZ are good, very good, a bit bright, perhaps brittle but they remain good.
OTOH I have a HifiMan HE-6SEv2 headphones , when EQ easily the best transducer I have experienced. Without EQ? Barely acceptable, I have written about this experience already , I am repeating it to make a point:
The TCZ are not perfect. No one claimed they were, but what they provide un-equalized is a piece of heaven. There are perhaps some headphones that can approach this level of performance without EQ: I did not find the the flimsy, heap-looking and poor-built AKG K-371, so arresting, I'll dismiss it.. Or you must shell out over $3,000.oo to get there ... DCA Expanse or/and Stealth..
That you can get this level of performance for $50.oo... is the real value there. Almost Magical. Now if you need perfection, you can always EQ the TCZ, they can take it.

Peace.
Can you show us your EQ settings pls?

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

I tried to EQ the TCZ. I just redid it a few minutes ago. It makes a substantial improvement. Gone is the brightness, replaced by great treble and the bass is now out of this world.
OTOH I have a HifiMan HE-6SEv2 headphones , when EQ easily the best transducer I have experienced. Without EQ? Barely acceptable, I have written about this experience already , I am repeating it to make a point:
The TCZ are not perfect. No one claimed they were, but what they provide un-equalized is a piece of heaven. There are perhaps some headphones that can approach this level of performance without EQ: I did not find the the flimsy, heap-looking and poor-built AKG K-371, so arresting, I'll dismiss it.. Or you must shell out over $3,000.oo to get there ... DCA Expanse or/and Stealth..

Peace.
I find them harsh as well but with EQ I can make them sound similar to neutral controlled directivity speakers in a room with subs, taking them from 5/10 to 9.5/10, so I'm keeping them. And they happen to fit well, even though they are large and stick out. I'll very likely continue to try others though.

Hckd

I find them harsh as well but with EQ I can make them sound similar to neutral controlled directivity speakers in a room with subs, taking them from 5/10 to 9.5/10, so I'm keeping them. And they happen to fit well, even though they are large and stick out. I'll very likely continue to try others though.
I’m curious, how do you get those scores?

Top Bottom