• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Truthear HOLA

markanini

Major Contributor
The tips come in 2 different sized bores which supposedly modify the treble; I'm sceptical but did you give it a go and find any differences? I own the Wan'er and was surprised also that something in the treble sounds more prominent than graphed but fortunately doesn't come across as a hot spot for my ears.
Yes, the grey L tips made the treble better, but caused a mid suck out. Understanding the correlation between my perception of treble vs the graphed FR seems tricky, I hate to say.

Chyżwar

I love the upper midrange in the Wan'er (with white tips) :) The vocals sound amazing. Definitely my favorite headphones under $100.

As for the Hola, I have mixed feelings. They are comfortable, the cable is better than in other cheap IEMs.
I'm not a fan of the Truthear Zero because for me they sound V-shaped with a recessed, thin midrange and a shouty upper midrange. But the Hola is kind of the opposite. The midrange is so warm that they sound a little muddy. The upper midrange is never shouty, but the tuning is so safe that they sound a little dark and soft. And there is that unpleasant peak on the upper treble. Overall, very reminiscent of the Moondrop Aria. But the Aria give the impression of more detail, resolution and have a larger soundstage. But Hola are much more comfortable :)
So, a lot of mixed feelings :)

My subjective ranking of cheap IEMs I've had:

Chu < Fiio FD3/FH3 < Truthear Zero/Hola < Aria < Wan'er < ER2XR

markanini

Major Contributor
I love the upper midrange in the Wan'er (with white tips) :) The vocals sound amazing. Definitely my favorite headphones under $100.

As for the Hola, I have mixed feelings. They are comfortable, the cable is better than in other cheap IEMs.
I'm not a fan of the Truthear Zero because for me they sound V-shaped with a recessed, thin midrange and a shouty upper midrange. But the Hola is kind of the opposite. The midrange is so warm that they sound a little muddy. The upper midrange is never shouty, but the tuning is so safe that they sound a little dark and soft. And there is that unpleasant peak on the upper treble. Overall, very reminiscent of the Moondrop Aria. But the Aria give the impression of more detail, resolution and have a larger soundstage. But Hola are much more comfortable :)
So, a lot of mixed feelings :)

My subjective ranking of cheap IEMs I've had:

Chu < Fiio FD3/FH3 < Truthear Zero/Hola < Aria < Wan'er < ER2XR
Stock tips or aftermarket? Thanks for your impressions!

Chyżwar

Stock tips or aftermarket? Thanks for your impressions!

With Wan'er I use these white stock tips (probably Acoustune AET07).

tips.jpg

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just took delivery of a pair of these. Very easy to get on with from a comfort perspective. Regarding sound, looking at the graphs you would think these were bass cannons compared to many other IEM ( I tend to prefer a couple db less bass than Harman). I have a decent seal and I am not getting that at all. Bass is there but its not as pronounced as I would have expected.

markanini

Major Contributor
Just took delivery of a pair of these. Very easy to get on with from a comfort perspective. Regarding sound, looking at the graphs you would think these were bass cannons compared to many other IEM ( I tend to prefer a couple db less bass than Harman). I have a decent seal and I am not getting that at all. Bass is there but its not as pronounced as I would have expected.
Agreed, it's more of a warm tune with bass extension, superbly executed at that IMO.

mc.god

I wouldn't think to Hola as bass cannons, THESE are bass cannons:
graph (3).png

Agreed, it's more of a warm tune with bass extension, superbly executed at that IMO.

more like it, considering that their FR is extremely close to the Zero:Red with bass adapter.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I wouldn't think to Hola as bass cannons, THESE are bass cannons:
View attachment 299554

more like it, considering that their FR is extremely close to the Zero:Red with bass adapter.
Well. yes. I should have said compared to my other IEM. Subjectively, the Oracle I have seems to thump hardest. The Hola is far less obvious IME but that isnt the picture the graphs paint. Early days though so will keep listening and swapping around.

Regardless- they sound "good".

graph (11).png

Top Bottom