• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

truthear hexa iem

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I see. But removing it didn't affect the sound?
Oh, Im sure it does, but I haven't got a measuring rig or good enough ears /memory to say where and by how much. They done sound bad without, I just can't compare back to with.

Docmoggy

Forum Donor
Does anybody own both the Hexa and Zero? Are the Hexa less bulky in the ear? I like the Zero but comfort is a bit of an issue.

Also, have you tried EQing them both to Harman? :)
I have both. I find the Hexa much better in terms of ergonomics/comfort. They are much less bulky and IMO are lighter than the Zero. I don't even notice I'm wearing them most of the time.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anybody own both the Hexa and Zero? Are the Hexa less bulky in the ear? I like the Zero but comfort is a bit of an issue.

Also, have you tried EQing them both to Harman? :)
I do own both Hexa and (Turthear x Crinicle) Zero. And yes, Hexa is less bulky. Hexa has a flat outer face and rounded off corners in the ear facing side while Zero is convex on the outside and does not taper off like Hexa does on the inside.

Here, a picture worth thousand words:
HexaVsZero.jpeg

Last edited:

OnLyTNT

Mine has been arrived today. They sound exactly as I expected. I can't be happier than this, totally end game for me.

OnLyTNT

Can you compare it to other sets you've had?
I'm not good at describing what I hear, I'll try my best. The bass is not as overpowering as Zero (well no surprise :)), Hexa is literally tamed version of it. But bass is still there and powerful enough (at least for me) and quite satisfying. I also find treble section more smooth. As a result mids are much more clear to me or in other words not suppressed with bass and treble, especially I find female vocals are astonishing with Hexa. Overall Hexa sounds a bit flatter compared to Zero. I also have Salnotes Zero, they sound very similar but Salnotes Zero has more power at high mids and treble, might be a bit tiring. Without any EQ, Hexa is definitely very well balanced and wins the race for me... Aaaaaand to be honest with EQ you can make all these three sound the same ;). I also have some KZ units but no need to compare with them.

Antz123

I have Hexa, Ibass IT01, Dunu DN1000, 7HZ Salnotes, and some not-so-great pairs. Hexa sounds most fun and least fatiguing. I am planning to find a good copper wire as the wire is something that I am not a fan of. Hexa is very good with various genres of music. As for tonality, I find Dunu a lil harsh on treble. I do not hate treble but I felt they were a bit more for my taste. Neither the bass is over-bearing to crush the rest of the sound.

Yashiro_R

Got the Hexas, sounds amazing with Topping DX1 (to such extent that I consciously want to not listen to music without DX1). I get the hype now, though my DT 770 80 Ohms (which I believe to be a outlier, as other models get a really bad rep.) still sounds just as great with minor tuning difference (& yes, I am not comparing the original tuning, but oratory1990's EQ for new pads & with DX1). The 770s sound really wide & really work great for Classical.

Still, I love Hexa, for just half the price they compete fine (tuning & treble being slightly better than 770s). This being my first IEM, these feel a little queer on my ears. When I remove than after 1.5-2 Hours of Use, they leave a little harsh sensation in my ears. The Comfort of 770s are on a completely different level.

I have listened to couple albums like - The Doors, Station to Station, Thriller, Rumours, Vespri per l'Assunzione di Maria Vergine, etc. & many other Singles. They are just amazing!

Any EQ Suggestions to improve these are welcomed! Thanks for the great Advice about Fit (cause even these trouble me, I can't believe what bad fit feels like).

LeShog

Yesterday I got my Hexa and the strangest thing happened: if I had to describe the sound I would say it is elegant. Velvety, classy.. I like it a lot. Pretty intelligent tuning to make the best on a budget, still.. There's something terribly off with this piece of gear: when I use them immediate nausea arises followed by headache and muscle tension. Yesterday I thought I was feeling unwell, but it happened today too. I'd say it has something to do with the peak at 8 kHZ or maybe it can't control very well high frequencies, I don't know what's causing it. I tried different peqs and everyone gives me the same feel. Harman tuning sounds horrible, the drivers don't manage to pull it off and I still get the same feeling. I believe something very nasty is happening on the high frequencies, I don't know what, maybe a serious distortion? I also thought that maybe being so unnatural on the higher frequencies it feels unnatural to my subconscious and makes me feel sick, like there's something off and I am in danger. I don't know, maybe I am just sensitive to high frequencies, though soundwise I like them. Of course the point here is to stimulate an emotive response (music I say), so these IEMS become pretty useless to me. I am returning them. A pity, I thought I'd solved the "IEM problem" for listening on the go with little money, but that's not the case. I'm trying zero red, even though I am a little dubious for the result as they are from the same brand, we'll see..

Top Bottom