• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tropical Cyclone Maria

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
The government is most likely using more elaborate testing.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Gut-wrenching article on life in Purto Rico from a reporter that has been there for a month:: http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/20/us/puerto-rico-one-month-santiago/index.html

"We stopped at a shelter on the way to my family's street.
I was appalled. More than 120 people were now living in the town's high school classrooms. There were children with asthma, an elderly woman with Parkinson's disease, and a woman with cancer. The staff was struggling to meet their needs. The generator was out. All of the food in the refrigerator had spoiled. The bathrooms were becoming unsanitary. People needed medicine."​

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Gut-wrenching article on life in Purto Rico from a reporter that has been there for a month:: http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/20/us/puerto-rico-one-month-santiago/index.html

"We stopped at a shelter on the way to my family's street.
I was appalled. More than 120 people were now living in the town's high school classrooms. There were children with asthma, an elderly woman with Parkinson's disease, and a woman with cancer. The staff was struggling to meet their needs. The generator was out. All of the food in the refrigerator had spoiled. The bathrooms were becoming unsanitary. People needed medicine."​

It's almost impossible to keep up with several links I posted recently...that one yesterday:

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tropical-cyclone-maria.1937/page-4#post-53261 -> post #78
___

Nobody can read all the posts of all the members @ ASR, it would take a super human to do that, close to Superman.

Last edited:
OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
“I was counting the number of turbines on the drive down because I kept thinking that we must have lost some,” he tells me. “But then I saw that they were all still standing, and that they looked intact. We’ve checked the turbines and blades, and I haven’t seen any damage. They’re ready to go”.

Except that they can’t actually be turned on without a small amount of electricity from the grid — which, of course, isn’t currently capable of providing it.

upload_2017-10-24_13-48-53.png

https://www.vox.com/2017/10/23/16501164/puerto-rico-hurricane-maria-power-water-sewage-trump

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Yes, they need solid solar panels, that won't be easily blown off by hurricanes.
Something retractable, underground when the sun disappears and the big clouds are approaching pushed by the strong winds.

Yes it costs money, but money well invested is money well spent.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/29/us/whitefish-cancel-puerto-rico.html

This smells very fishy, that "power" deal. The FBI guys are on it. Can we trust the FBI? Are they also working for some Trump's friends?
The Puerto Rico's governor doesn't like that, FEMA doesn't like that, I don't like that. About you, do you like that?

What's next, computer deal for North Korea, and a Netflix deal for all their citizens, including their supreme leader?
That would be a positive outcome...I think.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Was a big time foul up to go with that tiny company. The utilities have cross-agreements between them with approved contracts to immediately help each other. Here, they handed the power to that little company and weeks has gone by before the other utilities could help.

FBI should definitely investigate to see if there was bribery and such involved to get them the deal.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
And not only that; Puerto Rico needs a job well done, something that won't break every week or so.
The more articles I've read about that deal the more I realize that it is not in the best interest of Puerto Ricans.
And it seems to enrich some of Trump's own friends, and consequently advantage him too.
___

'The science of the ideal human character' or 'the science of moral duty'

Last edited:

NorthSky

Major Contributor

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That was quite informative Bob. Had no idea they were importing fossil fuels to make power. A distributed Solar/Wind system is what they should have so that there is no single point of failure. And for Solar and Wind, that is more optimal anyway. Night time storage of energy is a problem so maybe that can run from traditional means (I don't think batteries are the solution there as Tesla says).

NorthSky

Major Contributor
It's a good example of a country in need of its own independence.
Yes, solar panels and wind generators plus rain water and wells are the way to go.
There are other energy resources too, like wave generators...tide, underwater.

Everything that we can do to be less dependent on pollutants...oil, gas, coal...fossil fuels, the better for the country, the planet, the people, us all.
The only losers are the gas producers, oil producers, coal producers. Those are the ones who pollute with their monopoly and greed.
We don't need no greed, we need clean grid.

The bed and breakfast lady is the best example for everyone else.

In the future we will find how to get energy from clouds, from rain, from nighttime, from the stars...
From heat, from cold, from all temperatures ... dryness, humidity, ...
We have to get rid of all the crap, and use the planet's own system as natural healthy energy.
We are not using our brain, we are using the brain of the oil lords, gas lords, drug lords, gun lords, ...who aren't interested in providing a healthy humanity, but a sick humanity full of diseases and contamination and destruction, wars, drug addicts, mass killing, unbreathable air.

It is obvious; children with no food, no water and dying every day by the thousands, while the kings and queens of the devil's deal drive their Bugatti around Dubai and Abu Dhabi and Hollywood boulevard, and eat caviar and mushrooms from Egypt and Qatar, and drink vodka and champagne from Russia and Sicily. It's so silly that it makes no sense @ all.

We live in a dysfunctional and illusive world, totally disconnected from reality and addicted to our own intransigence, extravagances and hypocritical grievances.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The bed and breakfast lady is the best example for everyone else.
That was quite cool in how she had water and electricity when no one else has had it for weeks. It was an impressive system. I wonder what motivated them to put it in place to start.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
She's just smart, ahead of the curve, ahead of our system of dependencies, ahead of the game played by the oil and gas and electric companies, ahead of the entire capitalist monopoly. She don't like dictators, from anywhere.

That's the nice thing about being smarter than the rest; you don't have to fight, you don't have to stress out, you don't have to swear and sweat, you don't have to play slave games, you don't have to be abused...you just live your own peaceful way of life, outside the grid, outside the greed, outside of the fighting arena.

She ain't alone, other folks are indépendant too for power and water.
A well maintained well with rain, some solar panels, some high efficiency power receptor, ...

Big cities are like rat cities. Everyone is bitting someone else's ass.
Cut the lines, cut the wires, cut the power, cut the pipes, and create your own solar power and recycling garden. Plant some with the compos and add oxygen into the atmosphere, contribute more to the planet to your environment than all the power companies selling electricity, oil, gas, natural gas, diesel, noise, plastic toys, poles, sex toys around the poles, adds from the frootloops people, all joined together in killing us and our family values of love, cherish, respect, understanding, compassion, giving, freedom and happiness.

She hurts no one and she helps others by being smarter.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I bet Puerto Rico is highly prone to power shortages and water contamination.
She decided do do something about it, for her bed and breakfast business...very clever. I bet her business is doing much better than all others who rely on defective and inferior power and water systems.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Total: 64 dead from hurricane Maria across Puerto Rico?
...As reported, from the official estimate.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/650942002

We need better news from drones and satellite channels, better reporters, better news coordination, better facts, better truth.

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
We need better news from drones and satellite channels, better reporters, better news coordination, better facts, better truth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-hurricane-maria-nope/?utm_term=.429ba2aea647

"Did exactly 4,645 people die in Hurricane Maria?

In response to questions, the researchers posted a document that includes this question: Does your study say that 4,645 died?

The answer: “No. We provide a 95% confidence interval of 793 to 8,498, and 4,645 falls in the middle of this range.” "

https://news.google.com/search?q=maria 4600&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

Last edited:
Top Bottom