• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tripp Lite IS250 Review (Isolation Transformer)

Rate this product:

• 1. Waste of money for audio use

Votes: 121 71.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 10 5.9%

• Total voters

Ingenieur

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I struggle with words but formulas do help me to understand things, that's why I'm encouraging this. :cool:
It's the ONLY way for this subject matter imo.

If you don't grasp the concept in a picture or diagram it imho is likely the equations will meaningless or ignored.

Much like when my wife gives me a chore.
What?

Ingenieur

But optimization first please, I want my bucks to be efficiently invested. ;):)
Then my friend, you are in the wrong place.
:)
This is all about fun and BS'ing.

But for the price of an lp I can spend hours here getting scorn and ridicule heaped upon me. Lol
Worth every penny.

Are you an IT systems guy?

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you don't grasp the concept in a picture or diagram it imho is likely the equations will meaningless or ignored.
Yeah well... depends on your previous knowledge and perspective. To me, all these are models, and models are described by equations, concepts are often misleading. Besides, everybody uses a different language here, so when someone puts that into an equation, at least I can commit that to memory. Relations between variables in an equation don't lie. The rest...
Then my friend, you are in the wrong place.
I was referring to the way money is spend to get storage for your pictures. :)
Are you an IT systems guy?
:D I'm a rusty physicist, with half finished master degree in computer science that has been working with software engineers, particularity in the web environment, for more than a decade. This is why I like formulas and more or less know strategies to optimize webpages storage needs.

Last edited:

Ingenieur

Yeah well... depends on your previous knowledge and perspective. To me, all these are models, and models are described by equations, concepts are often misleading. Besides, everybody uses a different language here, so when someone puts that into an equation, at least I can commit that to memory. Relations between variables in an equation don't lie. The rest...

I was referring to the way money is spend to get storage for your pictures. :)

:D I'm a rusty physicist, with half finished master degree in computer science that has been working with software engineers, particularity in the web environment, for more than a decade. This is why I like formulas and more or less know strategies to optimize webpages storage needs.
Math is to an Engineer as the written word is to a historian.

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
Math is to an Engineer as the written word is to a historian.

So your question what “j” was is merely rhetorical? I thought so, but wasn’t sure. I came thissss close to actually answering it :D

Ingenieur

So your question what “j” was is merely rhetorical? I thought so, but wasn’t sure. I came thissss close to actually answering it :D

No, more smart aleck in nature.
;)

Never answer it, keep 'em guessing (but I doubt anyone is or even cares) lol

tjcinnamon

Are there any brands worth looking at? My only requirement is a 12v Trigger and ideally a sequenced shutdown.

I have a Panamax 5300 but it’s older and a touch damaged. It makes a mild noise when up close which is unnerving.

I’m going for a less is more approach.

Would this support an Anthem 325, Rotel 976, and an AVR running two surround channels? I’ll be switching that one to a Hypex 252 8 channel on surround duty sooner than later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom