• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trinnov st-2 hifi

Rodney Gold

I have pulled the trigger on this room correction device with mic and wonder if anyone here has used one
I am upgrading from a miniDSP DIRAC DDRC-22d hardware based system .. the trinnov does a lot more
I am not using the trinnov as a pre etc . Im using it in the digital domain for room correction only.
my path will be
Squeezebox touch (running roon ad tidal)
Trinnov
Devialet amps (integrated with dacs)
giya G1 spirit speakers

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I used to import them, that was a longtime ago though, they used to correct to a completely flat target curve back then, it was one of the issues I discussed with Trinnov totry nd make the unit more domestically friendly.
Keith

OP
Rodney Gold

Rodney Gold

The st-2 has user defined target curves and a 31 band parametric eq ..so they listened to you :)

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I am sure everyone else also complained, typically the unit would correct to flat and then I would spend an hour or two setting everything back the way it had been!
The common complaint was where has the ‘drive’ gone my system is lifeless, the first six preset curves really helped.
Keith

OP
Rodney Gold

Rodney Gold

Yeh .. this is my current target curve..

23659573_836991403148129_942784463131160379_n.jpg

oivavoi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've heard Trinnov only once, applied to a pair of Grimm LS1, in a very good room. In this case, the Trinnov correction did something to the sound which sounded strange to my ears - didn't perceive it as an improvement at all. But those were only my subjective impressions. I know that others have heard Trinnov setups which they like, and where they perceive it as a net improvement.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
After trying almost everything, I really believe now, that less really is more, just a little EQ on anything you can’t correct passively or with placement, I think this was first brought home to me when we had the Trinnov and were comparing it to Dirac where it was used only to correct the lower bass.
Speakers thatproduce less off-axis really make a huge improvement, even better than correcting traditional designs.
Keith

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I would be interested in your experience. I have heard it at shows a few times and it did make a nice correction. What I didn't like was it running Windows, having to remote into it to access the menus and such. And the seemingly complicated user interface. I have not kept up to see if they have made improvements in these areas.

OP
Rodney Gold

Rodney Gold

I think there has been improvement....the units inbuilt computer runs linux , you can choose to attach a screen and keyboard and mouse and control it directly or via VNC ..a mac or a pc or an ipod or droid tablet can be used to remote in
Reading the manual..the software has wizards to allow a simple automatic correction or you can delve right into it and tweak it as you wish .. certainly more cofigurable than Dirac
I will set it up back to back with my DIRAC box and can compare the 2 instantly

Top Bottom