• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Triad LCR speakers spin test measurements?

nathan

I did a search and realize that ASR hasn't tested any Triad speakers.

These are quite popular with custom installs (think Erskine) allegedly because of their consistent focus on engineering, quality components and no nonsense design philosophy.

In THEORY that implies they have pretty linear response and graceful off axis behavior.

In PRACTICE we know that nothing can be taken for granted without testing.

Worryingly, Triad doesn't publish specs for their off axis response, even when asked by a dealer, so I'm a little surprised that people that specialize in high end theater installations rely on them so extensively.

Has anyone seen measurements, either by a third party, or via Triad themselves, for some of their most popular speakers, the LCR series?

They have three levels based around OUTPUT levels, not quality (Gold, Silver, Bronze) and create versions that go either in room (freestanding) or in wall (with built in baffles, that are allegedly engineered to make use of the wall in a constructive, correct manner).

For personal reasons I'm most interested in the BRONZE series, but seeing any measurements would be a step in the right direction.

OP
nathan

nathan

Yes, and since they are now owned by Control 4 and direct consumers to work through their dealer, I found a kind dealer to make the inquiry as well. No dice.

OP
nathan

nathan

Disappointing and a little strange, given that they are a product of choice for many custom installs where the installers actually pay attention to room acoustics, placement, measurement and EQ.....so knowing the off axis response would usually be a standard practice for the better vendors in that industry.

Here is one such outfit, chosen almost at random: https://www.erskine-group.com

Clintzz

Hi nathan! Looking forward for their reply. Im a fan of Triad Speakers and want to also see the actual spinorama measurements. I heard that these custom installers opt to use triad because they don't bullshit their specs. If erskine is using it,then it must be very good.

OP
nathan

nathan

Alas, I don't think we are going to get more info from Triad. I spoke with another dealer just this week, and that dealer said they have asked repeatedly and been told that Triad doesn't provide that information to dealers (and, by extension, customers).

I may see about shipping one to @amirm later this year if he is interested, since I have a pair, but may be putting them in storage for a while (so being without it for several weeks wouldn't be a hardship).

Clintzz

Alas, I don't think we are going to get more info from Triad. I spoke with another dealer just this week, and that dealer said they have asked repeatedly and been told that Triad doesn't provide that information to dealers (and, by extension, customers).

I may see about shipping one to @amirm later this year if he is interested, since I have a pair, but may be putting them in storage for a while (so being without it for several weeks wouldn't be a hardship).

Ohhhhh.. that's rough..but still following this thread. I'm really curious about the off axis response.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Please do this! Companies like this who actively hide information from consumers need to be held accountable. Companies need to know that it's no longer possible to hide this data from consumers, as someone will eventually send their products to @amirm or @hardisj . Much better for companies to send a model to Amir or Erin themselves, as that way they can ensure they're sending a good sample.

It makes even less sense that a company like Triad would hide this info. They're obviously very objective and data oriented, and I'd be very surprised if their speakers measure poorly.

I've been reading the Triad thread on AVS for years. Triad owners have been asking for measurement data for years now. You'll be a hero for owners if you do send something in.

OP
nathan

nathan

As I say I am open to it. But right now I’m actively using my pair daily :)

But later this year they will go into storage for a couple months. So if that timing ends up working for shipping one off to be measured that would be minimal impact to me and good data for the community.

Clintzz

Thanks a lot. This will surely help a lot since i am also planning to install one later this year. Bronze is also my choice since the room is quite small. Additional data ,especially off-axis response will help ease my mind that i made the right decision.,

OP
nathan

nathan

I hope it works out. I'd love to be able to "give back" to the community by covering the shipping costs, if there is a desire to measure one of these smaller bookshelf size Triads.

Top Bottom