• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Transportation Asset Photos

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
19980729 PRC Beijing-04118.jpg

1998 Beijing

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Used to get around on a set of these as a kid.
View attachment 182815
I had these hand me downs from my older brothers.
skates.jpg

...and for my first skis at about age 4, I had these type of skis that where found in the basement of a old heritage house my parents bought for a first house. I progressed into wood skis with painted bottoms, then wood skis with plastic bottoms and then my first real skis in fiberglass. What a improvement it was. Now I am a advanced expert all mountain skier and simply regard my gear as just planks and poles. :D So many peeps need the newest and best gear that they can't use to their potential and they turn into ski equipment junkies.
da902e38c470a6d89672c248e43bbad9.png

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Me getting back in a boat... ten years after quitting doing it 'seriously'

View attachment 182974
I've kayak'd for about a 15 years in the past and at first it was a bit tricky balancing even with the low center of gravity but those oar'd fast boats like this look pretty tricky with all the people coordinated. Great abs and shoulder workout.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1643500707027.jpeg

TLEDDY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just turned 80, have progressive nerve degeneration with weakness and balance issues. No more driving, sold Montero, now use a "personal driver" - plus this gizmo to get around...

View attachment 182608
Similar to the one I use, mine due to spinal nerve damage. Same age ;-)

Tillman

Raindog123

Major Contributor
Just turned 80, have progressive nerve degeneration with weakness and balance issues. No more driving, sold Montero, now use a "personal driver" - plus this gizmo to get around...
Similar to the one I use, mine due to spinal nerve damage. Same age ;-)

Tillman

You guys hang in there!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ahahaha... Lol.. I transferred my mechatronics skills to industrial and worked some pretty cool stuff. Some very expensive mistakes occurred with me and others and they where simply written off. One was 2 guys did not follow correct orders and advised me to take the cutting torch and cut up a hydraulic tong set that grips the oil drill stem. So we where slow and I had just finished cutting up a entire flatbed from a truck and I was doing yard duty cleaning up and found the tongs and I cut them up into manageable pieces. A week or two later my 2IC asked if I had seen them in my yard work. I said yes. He asked where are they. I said they where in the dumpster. I explained and he was in a tiff but not mad. Anyway the 2 that advised me got into slight trouble. Word came down and it was a ~$35,000.00 error cost and not a sale price. I admit we had a great chuckle and laughed in private.
casing-tong-1625_04.jpg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Me getting back in a boat... ten years after quitting doing it 'seriously'

View attachment 182974
Nice! You triggered a memory (sorry!). Our daughter rowed or crewed or whatever it's called when she was in grad school at Oxford.
Not punting on the Cam, but rather sculling on the Isis/Thames. :)

1643503624148.jpeg

I'm... I'm actually not sure which one she is! I think she's fourth from the left... but I'd have to ask her, or find a higher-res copy of this photo to be sure. :)

My other, extremely tenuous, connection with rowing was my first boss in biotech, John Lambert, who was, as it happens, a Cantabridgian and he was big into it. He was one of the organizers of the Head of the Charles (in the other Cambridge, on this side of the pond) in those days (very early 1990s) and, as best I know, for quite some time afterwards.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This one seen parked on Columbus Avenue a few years ago clearly isn't much of an asset anymore.

The parking tickets wedged in the window frame struck me as an additional kick in the croch.

20180126_173854.jpg

Top Bottom